Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Piggyback on a tall boy sub? Piggyback on a blue flip crossover sub?

Anyone have a few tall boys that need to be graded? How about blue flip auto cards crossed to red flip? I'm taking both regular size and tall boys on the crossover. PM or reply to this thread, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The deal is pretty good, $5.75 per card when you use the online submission form.
  • Options
    Is the the blue flip crossover only post-56?
  • Options
    Yes, I only have 1956-present cards to submit.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I have a stack of Tall Boys that I would love to add to the order. How quickly do you need them there?
    Thanks!
    Greg
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    Hi Greg, I'd like to send them out by March 25, so I need them by the 23rd.
  • Options
    Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    I have 5 Post 1956 blue flips and 1 Pre 1956 blue flip I'd like to switch to red flips. Would love to piggy back if this is happening. Please PM me details.
  • Options
    Also a question, could we also include cards that were signed and in a red flip holder but only graded authentic - with the hopes of having them assigned a numerical grade? Or is this only for Blue -> Red?
  • Options
    That's a good question, Alex. I don't know the answer to it, so if anyone knows, feel free to chime in.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have at least 3 56-newer tallboys I'd like to piggyback.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Mine are in the mail
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    My 6 blue flips are in the mail, not sure if you're counting those.
  • Options
    With your cards, Alex, we will make the quota for blue to red flip crossovers. Thanks!
  • Options
    Update: The tall boys were logged today, so the countdown starts now. Unfortunately, PSA is not going to allow us to crossover the blue flips to red flips under the April special. They are figuring out a solution that will work for all parties concerned, and I will keep this thread updated as I get the news.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: PSASAP

Update: The tall boys were logged today, so the countdown starts now. Unfortunately, PSA is not going to allow us to crossover the blue flips to red flips under the April special. They are figuring out a solution that will work for all parties concerned, and I will keep this thread updated as I get the news.

That is stupid. Never been an issue before.

Commissions

• Options
    I'm just hoping for the best. The dual service feature has changed things, apparently.
  • Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to understand how the dual service feature would affect anything. Did you guys request auto grading in the crossover or something?

This is actually the help window that pops up during the online submission:

Autographed cards authenticated by PSA/DNA may be sent through any of the services listed

I'd show them that. The same info is there in the grading or crossover submission type. I think you just check the no autograph authentication option since the auto is already authenticated.
  • Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    After rereading that I realize it reads cards prior to 1998 even with PSA/DNA designations have no where to go. Still not sure what this has to do with auto grading at all though.
  • Options
    For clarity if it costs extra I have 0 interest in the dual autograph and card grading. Only looking for card grading.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Autos4Alex

For clarity if it costs extra I have 0 interest in the dual autograph and card grading. Only looking for card grading.

Same here.

Commissions

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    I was under the assumption that this was just for Blue flip to Red flip

With no auto grades and no card condition grades

Just a simple card authentication and reholder, wasn't interested in going beyond that

Hopefully this works out
  • Options
    For the guys who submitted blue flip and red flip authentic cards, I have gotten the latest word from PSA, please check your PM's.