Home U.S. Coin Forum

Greysheet do away with their package deal for 17.75?

Been a while (almost a year) since I was at the CDN Greysheet site, I heard they got bought out. I used to buy their package deal for like 17.75 which included 7 recent issues of their publication, but I can't seem to find it now. I don't think its worth $8 an issue or $200 a year to subscribe, but it is handy at times. I did the yearly subscription one time and ended up with a stack of sheets after a while which I didn't need. I tried emailing them via contact link on their site, but seems their away in Dallas.

Comments

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My subscription lapsed, after they changed hands, for a whole year. Renewed recently and as soon as I mentioned in a thread that PCGS was faster grading coins than CDN was at mailing out the sheet, it showed up. image Talk about eating words. At least I can edit them, here image

HE>I

• SteveSteve Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    I too was a once or twice a year purchaser of CDN issues. I WOULD spend $20 to receive a current example of ALL their newsletters WHEN I want them. How about it? Steveimage
  • davewesendavewesen Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have internet downloads where you can buy just 1 issue and save to your computer and print pages you want.

I do it every year or so and to get BU roll prices of modern stuff
  • Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taking it every week when a CDN Bid would go up, it gave me an advantage in ebay bidding, then coin would retail later on doing well. I even would find some BIN's which were below the new (increased) CDN Bid or hardly much above.

Now I take Greysheet on monthly basis. Greensheet and Bluesheet - people who sell at those price I have found rarer than the items themselves. The bluesheet may be a throwback to an era before internet bidding I have thought buying a recent issue though. I track my ebay watched and sold items results vs Market Value and Wholesale which gives me factors to gauge market strength / bidding decisions.

The new owners have done an excellent job with the CDN in improving it. For show dealers the weekly edition is a must otherwise the monthly option. Irregardless, the quality of the coin being offered impacts my offer / bid relative to CDN, Auction Results (if no direct CDN match), Market Value (CW Trends, TPG Price Guides). A coins I offer more on than B and C simply pass.

My phone has Coin Facts which I find myself going to more and more often.
    Coins & Currency
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I'm reading it, you can get that same package of all the current single issues of the grey, blue and green sheets for $45. Without the binder.

Edit: I also used to order the package deal once or twice a year.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in the same boat only buying the complete set once or twice a year. I looked into buying the other day noticed that its now 50 bucks.
  • COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know alot of people that are upset about them getting rid of that package of sheets
    New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to order one of the $19.95 (?) package deals twice a year . . . .and tried to 3 weeks ago.

Guess the jig is up . . .

No more for me . . . I'll just piggyback off my dealer friends at shows . . . . .

Drunner
  • JohnFJohnF Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭
    The Greysheet pack is still available on "The Works" section of our new web site:

http://www.greysheet.com/Publications/WorksDetail

Yes, the price has gone up to $45, but we couldn't make a profit at $17 and giving all of our sheets out with free postage, etc. The math simply doesn't work. It's not cheap but our pricing sheets are intended for serious collectors and dealers. We have also spent considerable time, money and effort over the last 6 months to review pricing. In some cases, prices hadn't been reviewed thoroughly in a decade. Even at the new prices we think this is one of the best investments you can make as a numismatist, and basically on par with a cable bill. Just depends on your priorities...

Also, we've just posted a free sample of the current Greysheet on the issuu web site so you can see what we've done to the Greysheet:

https://issuu.com/cdnpublishing/docs/gy20160304_issu

We'll be posting more sample sheets (Quarterlies, Blue, Green) over the next week. Thanks!

John Feigenbaum
    Whitman Brands: President/CEO (www.greysheet.com; www.whitman.com)
    PNG: Executive Director (www.pngdealers.org)
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

i paid $29.99 for a master digital download previously. usually a couple/few times a year.

not sure what former package was $17. maybe it didnt include green/blue?

the former master pack included:

weekly? -classic commem, morg/peace, mint/proof sets, merc walkers. etc

monthly

quart 1

quart 2

quart 3

blue

green

so it is a 50% increase if the "works" pack is the equivalent.

i sure hope this wonderful option continues to be an option.

thanks,

lance

occ

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• TheDukeKTheDukeK Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JohnF

Yes, the price has gone up to $45, but we couldn't make a profit at $17 and giving all of our sheets out with free postage, etc. The math simply doesn't work. It's not cheap but our pricing sheets are intended for serious collectors and dealers. We have also spent considerable time, money and effort over the last 6 months to review pricing. In some cases, prices hadn't been reviewed thoroughly in a decade.

You have to charge what you need to. I'm not questioning the price change butwhy would it be printed weekly, monthly and quarterly if it hasn't had prices "reviewed in a decade".

Shouldn't that be done constantly?
    Isn't that why we buy it instead of using a old one?

Thanks
    Originally posted by: TheDukeK

Yes, the price has gone up to $45, but we couldn't make a profit at $17 and giving all of our sheets out with free postage, etc. The math simply doesn't work. It's not cheap but our pricing sheets are intended for serious collectors and dealers. We have also spent considerable time, money and effort over the last 6 months to review pricing. In some cases, prices hadn't been reviewed thoroughly in a decade.

You have to charge what you need to. I'm not questioning the price change butwhy would it be printed weekly, monthly and quarterly if it hasn't had prices "reviewed in a decade".

Thanks

You are absolutely correct. Since we took over in August 2015, we've been reviewing prices constantly. Probably more changes in prices over the last 6 months than the last 12 years. No exaggeration there, either. The need for price changes on the sheets was a primary motivator for me to take over as publisher. To say it was sorely needed would be an understatement.
    John Feigenbaum
    Seems to me a package deal was $499. That's the charge on my card IIRC.

HE>I

Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

Seems to me a package deal was $499. That's the charge on my card IIRC.

That's the annual subscription price vs. single purchase.
    John Feigenbaum
    Mr F. I love the new sheet, by the way. So much easier on the eyes. And note also the lack of a spread between Ask/Bid now. (roughly 10% as it were)

HE>I

Originally posted by: TwoSides2aCoin

Mr F. I love the new sheet, by the way. So much easier on the eyes. And note also the lack of a spread between Ask/Bid now. (roughly 10% as it were)

Thank you! There is still much work to be done, but your feedback is greatly appreciated. FYI, we have started noting the 10% ASK spread on the header of the Greysheet sections.
    John Feigenbaum
  • TheDukeKTheDukeK Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TheDukeK

Thanks

You are absolutely correct. Since we took over in August 2015, we've been reviewing prices constantly. Probably more changes in prices over the last 6 months than the last 12 years. No exaggeration there, either. The need for price changes on the sheets was a primary motivator for me to take over as publisher. To say it was sorely needed would be an understatement.

That's great.
    With all the changes its kind of frustrating to try to find stuff with the changes but after you get a bit used to it I'm loving almost all the changes!
    Keep it up.
    Thanks for the reply John
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    The Greysheet pack is still available on "The Works" section of our new web site:
    http://www.greysheet.com/Publications/WorksDetail

Yes, the price has gone up to $45, but we couldn't make a profit at $17 and giving all of our sheets out with free postage, etc. The math simply doesn't work. It's not cheap but our pricing sheets are intended for serious collectors and dealers. We have also spent considerable time, money and effort over the last 6 months to review pricing. In some cases, prices hadn't been reviewed thoroughly in a decade. Even at the new prices we think this is one of the best investments you can make as a numismatist, and basically on par with a cable bill. Just depends on your priorities...

Also, we've just posted a free sample of the current Greysheet on the issuu web site so you can see what we've done to the Greysheet:
    https://issuu.com/cdnpublishing/docs/gy20160304_issu

We'll be posting more sample sheets (Quarterlies, Blue, Green) over the next week. Thanks!

Thanks for the sample.. Surprised by amount of premium sucked out of the 2009 UHR ..... Much improved publication .. class act

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file