Home Metal Detecting
Options

Some Pocketpiececommems finds: Nice silver ring, and some ammo

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
PPC texted me these pics but I couldn't figure out how to download them (I did with pics he sent before). Guess I'm getting old! So I took a screen shot of them. Hope the quality isn't too bad.

The first pic is of various ammo finds from playgrounds and parks he's picked up! Wonder what's going on in his neck of the woods!

This is a very nice Sterling silver ring he recently found. Looks like it has some good weight to it.

Keep it up PPC! Hope you keep the good finds coming in 2016.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice ring.

I'm never surprised to find ammo or cartridge casings anywhere, even on school grounds. They're some of my most common finds.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    That's a lot of live ammo! Always a nervous moment when one of those pops up.

Very nice ring too. The style of the A with the extra serif on the left side looks a bit like the one in Oakland A's, but I guess this is something else as " 's " is missing.

Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless it's a modern .30-30, that rimmed cartridge looks like it might be a real oldie (bottom row, third from left). What does the headstamp say?
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I find is ammo in the desert....95 to 1 over nuggets.

I once dug down 9" only to find a mini ball and this was in S. Nevada! WTF!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The headstamp on the Bayard1908 is referring to is Winchester 30-30
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often find old cartridges when detecting cellar holes in the mountains.. lot of deer hunting

in this area... occasionally a live round as well... Cheers, RickO