Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

MY GOLD COIN COLLECTION

https://youtu.be/x4mJk1m2VpM

Hello everyone. I just thought I would show all of you my gold coins in my gold coin collection. I am eventually gonna expand the collection but here is what I got so far.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey welcome, but I do prefer pics instead of videos....Can't get my eyes to focus on a video whereas on a pic there is no problem.

If you want information on a coin use pics, please.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What fun to have found them!

I agree, the videos make it difficult to appreciate them. If you could photograph them up close, we would love to see them.

Welcome!
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

Instead of the movie, I'll wait for the picture book to come out.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome. Get a good digital camera and light set up (search the forum for suggestions) and learn to take good coin photos. It will make you appreciate your coins even more and will enable you to better share them. Good luck.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    I saw an (unrelated) post of yours in the metal detecting forum, got curious, and poked around a bit.

Based on how those "found in a cache" gold coins look, and a bunch of other things that don't make sense to me, I call BS on that find.
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Zot

I saw an (unrelated) post of yours in the metal detecting forum, got curious, and poked around a bit.

Based on how those "found in a cache" gold coins look, and a bunch of other things that don't make sense to me, I call BS on that find.

I missed that part. Sorry, Jolteon, but I'm afraid the "found a gold cache" claim (if that's what you're saying) kind of twitches the needle on my BS-meter a bit, too, particularly in light of the obviously nondug King George copper you claimed as a find on the MD forum.

In 40 years of detecting (I started as a young lad like yourself), I have never dug a single gold coin. (Gold rings, yes- very occasionally- coins, no.) I have, on the other hand, dug a few 1700s King George coppers, and when they come out of the ground, they typically do not look like the one you posted. And had you found that coin on a beach as you claimed, it would almost certainly have been a green, corroded slug.

That being said, I do not doubt all your posts, or the fact that you own some gold coins. Many of us do, but few of us dug them.

Nor do I doubt your young enthusiasm for the hobby. Stick to that, spare us the tall tales, and stick around and learn a few things.

All of us have room to learn.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,843 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Way to go, friend. Having fun is paramount. Searching with a metal detector has to be a good time. ( it's calling me )
    I dig that kind of stuff. Detecting, I mean.

That said, just purchased a 1908 D $10 Indian in VF, and a 1925 D $2.5 gold Indian (my guess is MS 62) , yesterday. From a "writer", of all people. Thanks for sharing. I might have been luckier buying a metal detector, instead. It just seems more "fun''. Thanks for sharing here.
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some unsolicited advice, not criticism, since you are new.

you now have a total of at least 10 threads on page one with most near the top. you might want to figure out a way to consolidate them so as not to dominate the page and push other topics off of page one.
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of us were like this at one time he will learn with time and advice

• Options
    Originally posted by: derryb

welcome. Get a good digital camera and light set up (search the forum for suggestions) and learn to take good coin photos. It will make you appreciate your coins even more and will enable you to better share them. Good luck.

I was looking into that I may get one soon.
  • Options
    yosclimberyosclimber Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you used a smart phone to shoot your videos,
    you could use it for still photos - they can be pretty good.
    The main thing is to have it in focus, and try some different lighting angles so that key details of the coin are visible.
    There is still some effort required, to crop the photos, upload to a photo sharing website
    (such as photobucket.com), and use the img codes to insert the photo URLs into posts here.
  • Options
    Ok thanks you for that!
  • Options
    Thank you all for the wonderful comments!
  • Options
    It means a lot it really does
  • Options
    I have decided I am leaving the forum I am not welcome here

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file