Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Kansas City card stores?

Going to be in town soon and was wondering if there's a card store anyone can recommend to check out.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    There's only 2 left. One is in Overland Park KS. The Baseball Card Store, similar Ebay handle. Been around forever. Good mix of vintage and new. Place is a bit of a mess, lots of stuff though. They just moved to 87th street less than a year ago. The other is in Blue Springs MO. An older lady runs it, mostly newer stuff and lots of local Chief / Royal stuff. The kind of place where a card is priced at $10 in 2005 and she still wants $10 for it today. I don't frequent there often mainly because I'm not in that part of town often. Hope that helps. I can give you better advice on the BBQ scene if you like. It beats the baseball card scene here by a long shot.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    JudgeItoJudgeIto Posts: 68 ✭✭✭
    There also a shop in Belton, MO; Coach's Corner. It's pretty cluttered, but Coach is friendly and always willing to help you find what you're looking for. He does have of a lot of Royals and Chiefs cards, which you'd expect. He says everything is priced at low Beckett, but I haven't checked him, and there's no way he updates pricing everytime it changes, so there are likely some values, and some stuff that's way overpriced.
  • Options
    Thanks! Will take advice on the BBQ scene too. Going to be in Power and Light district if that helps.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Also, depending on when you will be in town, there is a small mall show this coming weekend. Independence Mall. Im hoping to make it.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MrCyclone
    Thanks! Will take advice on the BBQ scene too. Going to be in Power and Light district if that helps.

Joes KC, Arthur Bryant's, and in the P&L area Q-39 or Jack Stack are all good choices.
    #CROWNED

#FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    Originally posted by: JudgeIto
    There also a shop in Belton, MO; Coach's Corner. It's pretty cluttered, but Coach is friendly and always willing to help you find what you're looking for. He does have of a lot of Royals and Chiefs cards, which you'd expect. He says everything is priced at low Beckett, but I haven't checked him, and there's no way he updates pricing everytime it changes, so there are likely some values, and some stuff that's way overpriced.

I haven't heard of it. I'm in Belton quite often, I will have to check it out.
    #CROWNED

#FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I was in KC last summer, and had really good bbq at a place called The Wood Yard. I heard about it from the show that Anthony Bourdain does, don't remember the name of it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: PSASAP
    I was in KC last summer, and had really good bbq at a place called The Wood Yard. I heard about it from the show that Anthony Bourdain does, don't remember the name of it.

You can't go wrong at Woodyard either. There are a ton. The ones I suggested are all within 15 minutes of the P&L area. If you want to venture out farther for good Q, then the skies the limit.
    #CROWNED

#FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

not sure if this is the same store mentioned above..but in my rolodex i had been to was Show Me Sports Cards, 706 SW US Highway 40, Blue Springs, MO 64015
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Carew29

not sure if this is the same store mentioned above..but in my rolodex i had been to was Show Me Sports Cards, 706 SW US Highway 40, Blue Springs, MO 64015

Yes she's still there.
    #CROWNED

#FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    Joe's KC hands down on Mission Road.....Jack stack sucks and Arthur Bryants not as good as it used to be. If you do Arthur Bryants do check out the Negro League museum down the road. Worth it. I have not tried Q39 yet but plans are made. No good shops unfortunately. Power & Light is nice too.

Jason
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    It's been about 10 years since I moved from KC, and the Baseball Card Store in OP was my main shop (at least after Sport Collectibles closed), but I would sometimes hit one in Independence right off Noland Rd and I-70...but that was ten years ago. And although I don't agree with Vintage about Jack Stack (I happen to love Jack Stack and Joe's), I do agree with him that the Negro Leagues Museum is a must see if you are a fan of baseball history. There used to be a $10 tour of Kaufman Stadium during the off season as well. And if you like sports memorabilia in general, check out Chappell's in North Kansas City just north of downtown KC. The food is sport bar type food, but not horrible but it's like eating in a sports museum.
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Joe's KC or Jack Stack are both great.
    Chappell's is also great. It's a nice bar/restaurant with AWESOME memorabilia!!! http://www.chappellsrestaurant.com The pics on the site don't do it justice. If you have a car, it's a short drive over the bridge to the "Northland".
  • Options
    go to west port....have fun there
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Joes kc is the best bbq in the world. The end.
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I'll see a couple you guys tomorrow night.
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)