Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

SHILLINGS - a Partial Type Set of Shillings

After careful consideration, I have decided to move away from collecting shillings. I enjoy these coins, but I am trying to work on too many different sets. It is time for these gorgeous coins to move on to a new home!

Make an offer on anything you want. Shipping will be included, Paypal is accepted but add 3% for fees.

1555, shilling, NGC F-15, Phillip and Mary, S-2501. This is a very well centered, well struck example of a very hard to find coin. These are very difficult! $500

1560, shilling, NGC VF-30, Elizabeth I, S-2555. Typical weak strike is compensated for by gorgeous cabinet toning. $350

1619-1624, shilling, NGC VF-30, James I, S-2668. Fantastically original, well centered and well struck for the issue. Attractive cabinet toning around the rims. $350

1652, shilling, NGC VF-30, Commonwealth, ESC-985. Perfectly centered, well, struck, and gorgeously original. These are difficult to find in nice condition. $600

1693, shilling, NGC XF-45, William and Mary, ESC-1076. Original toning highlights this gorgeous beauty. These are very difficult to find in higher grades. $1000

1708, shilling, NGC AU-58, Anne, ESC-1148 (with Plumes). Spectacular toning graces the flawless fields of this shilling. There is just a trace of wear on the highest points - a remarkably well preserved specimen of this popular issue. $1000

1852, shilling, NGC MS-65, Victoria, young head. The obverse of this coin is prooflike, with a normal reverse. Incredibly flashy. $500

1887, shilling, PCGS MS-66, Victoria, Jubilee. Toned in blues and greens, this coin has nearly flawless surfaces. $400

1893, shilling, NGC MS-64, Victoria, Old head. Remarkable old-time original toning highlights lustrous fields on this near-gem. $400

1902, shilling, NGC MS-64, Edward VII. The highlight here is the rainbow toning on this spectacular, difficult piece. $175

1928, shilling, NGC MS-65, George V. The coin looks like a sunset - orange and gold frame the regal devices. Difficult to find attractively toned. $175

1946, shilling, NGC MS-65, George VI, English Crest. Original, with a light patina and good luster. $60

1953, shilling, NGC MS-66, Elizabeth II, English Crest. Bright and lustrous. $65

1953, shilling, NGC MS-65, Elizabeth II, Scottish Crest. Light golden patina. $35

Thanks for looking, and please make an offer on anything that you are interested in.

Comments