Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A challenge to those who like to collect slab varieties...

MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
How about putting together a set of coins where every coin is in a different type of slab? Something that's actually possible, like maybe a short set of Walkers, or something like that.

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.

Comments

• Options
    MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun idea.
    I have an accumulation of double dimes in various holders from a number of companies. It's sort of a "type set" of slabs, all with double dimes. I gotta start imaging them ...
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    Variation on a theme: One of the guys n Baltimore had a 1903-O Morgan in every generation of NGC slab.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CoinRaritiesOnline
    Variation on a theme: One of the guys n Baltimore had a 1903-O Morgan in every generation of NGC slab.
    I have a double dime in every generation of PCGS slab, except the Regency (I only know of one and it's pricey).

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a portion of my collection of draped bust halves

Although most are raw, there are also 5 different kinds of slabs shown, I also have NGC, NCS, ANACS, and maybe another brand or two of holder

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am trying hard - I check eBay 4-5 times a day and still need 2 generations! image

Astrorat - the Regency isn't required as it wasn't really a generational slab - it was a special order.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, you can always make me an offer. image

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: astrorat
    Originally posted by: CoinRaritiesOnline
    I have a double dime in every generation of PCGS slab, except the Regency (I only know of one and it's pricey).

both would be nice to see. i hope some day you can get that one astrorat.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baley just set a precedent , thanks to Mr Eureka, as we move along. Nice , nice, nice. A great thought process, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file