Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Post WWI Poland

I see plenty of interest in Polish coinage through 1939. What is your experience in the Modern coinage for Poland after 1949? Are the simple aluminum coins that likely circulated to death ever going to have a following in high grades? What about some of the mid century moderns from the 1960s? I see some of these designs as capturing a modern look in a compelling way.

Anyone else interested in these issues- mostly after 1949?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I confess that I am one of the ones that's interests stop at 1939. Love old Polish silver and even bronze.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer pre-WWII Europe. The later designs seem too sterile and repressive, like the brutalist architecture of the era.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭
    I collect the post-war Proba coins. Nice to pick up attractive pieces with super-low mintages for just a few dollars. My favorite is the 1979 Lynx coin.
    Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    So...nobody wants to see my Polish coin? image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please show us.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: HoledandCreative
    Please show us.

Well, only because you begged and pleaded, holedand. And because it's been at least a month since I posted it in every conceivable polish/european/mid-century/silver/ thread image

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Weiss

Originally posted by: HoledandCreative

Please show us.

Well, only because you begged and pleaded, holedand. And because it's been at least a month since I posted it in every conceivable polish/european/mid-century/silver/ thread image

You should really get that baby professionally photographed!

I never tire seeing it...

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭
    That is a gorgeous 10 Zlotych. Wow!
    Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm slowly working on a 1960 set of Probas (2) so far. They show up on various auction sites and usually sell for above Krause.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My tastes run to the earlier stuff, but I do confess some of the modern stuff, particularly NCLT, can be attractive.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Seeing how hateful I can make the reverse image

--Severian the Lame
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it

Steve
    Promote the Hobby