Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1980 Bird/Magic BBCE Value question

Wondering the bonus value to an 80 Topps basketball box that is bbce wrapped and noted that there is a pack within with a bird/magic RC showing on back of a pack....

Comments

• Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd pay $5k for the box. Well as I'm sure you know the box is around $4k and I'd say the bonus value is up to $1,000. It's tough because most of the sales worth anything are PSA graded packs and youre kind of assuming the pack would grade out at least a 6 or 7 to be worth that though. Slim chance you get a 9 or 10 and it's worth much more or it doesn't grade and it's much less.

Hope that helps
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    Thx..... That is about what I was thinking.... I have not seen a box like it come up recently
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I hate to throw around the word rare because I often see Clemens rookie showing cello packs described as rare but a Bird/Magic showing pack box is truly a rare item. Grab it if you can.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: rtimmer

I'd pay $5k for the box. Well as I'm sure you know the box is around $4k and I'd say the bonus value is up to $1,000. It's tough because most of the sales worth anything are PSA graded packs and youre kind of assuming the pack would grade out at least a 6 or 7 to be worth that though. Slim chance you get a 9 or 10 and it's worth much more or it doesn't grade and it's much less.

Hope that helps