Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

What are your favorite seal colors ?

This is partly a rhetorical question.

My favorite seal color is:

#2: Vivid Yellow Green (aka light green)

#1: Vivid Blue Green (aka transitional)

I like the vivid blue green notes best because that seal color was only used for a very short while (from mid / late November 1937 to the later third of 1939). The seals are still bright like the LGS notes, but have a "frosty bluish" hue to them, that I feel makes them pop.

Also, many of the vivid BGS stars are much tougher than the LGS stars, but do not get the same recognition.

Lastly, the $10's come in both mule and non mule format. There are no vivid BGS $5's, vivid BGS mule $20's are very hard, as are the upper denominations.

Comments

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Rhetorical or not, I'll answer. I'm a red fan! Then blue, then brown, then green.

A lot of it has to do with what I like to collect. Numeral seals are my top choice, even though that's not a seal color. image
  • numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Brown,large and spiked!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Red for me!

• Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Nobody has mentioned gold.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Jim61

Good one Jim. Especially the later 1928 GC's with the almost bright orange seal and serial numbers.
    Originally posted by: luckybucks

Originally posted by: Jim61

Good one Jim. Especially the later 1928 GC's with the almost bright orange seal and serial numbers.

Thanks. I am dazzled by the greens you are working on, but there are enough in that arena.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

• Since we're speaking hypothetically, maybe rhetorically, whatever mode I'm going to vote for the "Small Red" as found on this note (Heritage photo)

==

==

I was offered one at the big coin show this weekend but my budget just could not stretch that far; it was/is a gorgeous note. A very nice XF.

Wish now I had taken a picture with my phone.
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    I love Red and LGS. sweet notes. however I have a huge blue seal collection ??
  • I like the late date silver certificates where the blue was almost a violet
    My next choice is brown followed by the orange of gold certificates and not the North Africa yellow.
  • Green. My reds and blues are nearly complete, so green is my primary focus.
    Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

• I like nearly all varieties, so consequently I bought all I different seals I was able to find in the last two years.
    BUT in most cases I'm fine with just one example of each different seal color.

As surely most members of the CU already know my absolutely favor seal color is - of course - the LIGHT GREEN or LIME seal color. Especially the 1934 notes are the most preferred items for my collection... I just can't get enough of them...image

• delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I like the full palette!

• Awesome $1 North Africa delistamps!
    With those, I agree!!!! image

Jim61

• tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: numbersman

Brown,large and spiked!

image I agree...great note!

• BernyBerny Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

Bernie
    Always looking for material from the Niagara river region.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭
    Red Seal
  • AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
    My favorite Beer has a "Red Seal"! image

Brewed in Fort Bragg, CA

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that's bragging!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
    Hehe touché