Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1960 Topps All Stars Update Completed 5/6

A couple weeks ago I finally decided to start two new project sets. The first is the All Star cards from the 1960 Topps set. It is only 20 cards so it shouldn't be hard to finish. I am doing this set in PSA 8 or better. I picked up three cards from BBCE when I visited the shop a couple weeks ago, including the PSA 9 Kaline. I just received the Mantle today. As on now I only have 6 of the 20 cards.

The other set I have started is a bit larger but the cards are fairly inexpensive in high grade. I'm doing that set in PSA 9 or better. I'll start a thread on it after I receive more cards that are is transit.

James

Comments

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful cards! I'm building the 1960 Topps set and wish I could finish it up with cards like these, but I'm settling for clean 5's and 6's.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Love this project, great examples! What made you pick this subset for your next project?
  • Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

Love this project, great examples! What made you pick this subset for your next project?

I like the design of the cards and, even in PSA 8 to 9, the cards are affordable.

James
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. I like these type of "subsets". I may get around to doing a WS highlights card sets from 65,68,69 when the Cards were in the series in 64,67,68. Good luck in your quest seeking the other examples.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking cards. That looks like a nice set to me.
  • Options
    Time for an update. I picked up a few of these from a member here. I upgraded the Pierce to a PSA 9. I now have 14 of the 20 cards for the set.

James

• Options
    Nice cards. Love the Malzone.
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    The 1960 set is my all time favorite set. Currently in process of putting together a complete raw set. The regular cards, the RCs and the AS cards are iconic. I own graded copies of the Mantle and Matthews AS cards and I love looking at them.

Great looking cards!
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful cards. Have you built any other year subsets?

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Thanks for the responses. I haven't done any other subsets yet. The only other graded sets I'm working on are the 1954 Red Heart Dog Food in PSA 8 or better and the 1961 Nu-card Scoops in PSA 9.

James
  • Options
    Time for another small update. I only added two cards this time. I still need four to finish this project. I have already made a small start on the next project set. I'll start a thread on it when I get a few more cards.

James

• Options
    Just a small update this time. I bought this Maris from a board member here. It is a really nice looking card.

James

• Options
    I finally finished my first PSA graded set/subset. The last three cards were delivered a week or so ago. I have been out of town working so I just picked the cards up today. This set is now tied for #2 on the registry.

James

• Options
    Complete set.

James