Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The Dugout Unopened Wax Gone From eBay

They have no listings and received a bunch of negative feedback recently for slow shipping or unreceived items. I did win a box from them recently, paid right away and waited a full week before they marked it as shipped so it appears I was not the only one. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, left positive feedback.

Wonder what happened.

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew something was amiss once I saw them blowing out product with no reserve auctions in recent months, as they were always known for BIN prices on the higher side. I bought a single 1980 wax pack from them a few weeks back and it was resealed.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Looks like the ointment has claimed another fly.
  • Roughly six months ago I was interested in one of their '77 baseball racks pictured on ebay but one of the cards showing on back looked like the edge was caved in. Much more severe than the typical loader mark and to the extent that it caused what looked like a one inch crease in the stock. I emailed and specifically pointed out the rack and card in question and asked if this was either a severe loader mark, handling damage or could it possibly just be a reflection of camera glare on the cello? He returned my email and stated he looked at the card and there was no damage and that it was just camera glare.

The rack arrived and I immediately turned it over and was floored when I saw that the card in question had a severely crushed in edge. I called him and he said he must have examined the wrong rack--really?. I sent the rack back and had nothing to do with them again!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • ndleondleo Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They tried to buy some unopened football boxes I listed on ebay. He was a little strange to deal with. He kept telling me how he didn't really need the boxes I had but was doing me a favor. I never understood that tactic. Needless to say I passed.
    Mike