Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Canadian Coin Bulletin

Does anyone have access to any issues of the Canadian Coin Bulletin, 1950-1955?
Looking to purchase if possible.

Comments

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure what you mean with Canadian Coin BUlletin?
    I started collecting in 1967 and have never heard that term. admitted, have not watched for it either.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    grayroadsgrayroads Posts: 211 ✭✭
    YQQ, Prior to the official publication of the Canadian Numismatic Journal in 1955 ,the CNA (now RCNA) published the Bulletin from 1950-1955. I highly recommend Fred Bowman's Canadian Numismatic Research Index, 1969 as a excellent source for topics and publications for Canadian coins & tokens. His index is a pure gem. Copies of the Bulletin are very scarce. Enjoy this day, Robert
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Robert, I am a RCNA member and will do some sniffing around.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grayroads

YQQ, Prior to the official publication of the Canadian Numismatic Journal in 1955 ,the CNA (now RCNA) published the Bulletin from 1950-1955. I highly recommend Fred Bowman's Canadian Numismatic Research Index, 1969 as a excellent source for topics and publications for Canadian coins & tokens. His index is a pure gem. Copies of the Bulletin are very scarce. Enjoy this day, Robert

A better updated version of this index was published in 2007, Canadian Numismatic Bibliography, edited by Darryl Atchison and published by The Numismatic Education Society of Canada, only 300 copies printed. It's a hard cover 2 volume set.

They occasionally hit the market. The last set I saw sold at the Halifax RCNA last summer for about $150 CAD.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay