Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

FASC versus non-FASC boxes and value

Seems like FASC boxes are all the rage right now...... If an 86
Football FASC box sells for well over $3,000 what value does a non FASC box have. I now there have been posts on this before but is the premium now double or in some cases triple the non FASC price?

Comments

• Options
    There's no formula. Only mad scientists.
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Supply and Demand.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    Yeah, those prices realized blew my mind. Considering there was just a case break of that stuff within the last 6 months on that board and I believe they were what $1000 a piece?
    Shayne A Sherman
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say it depends on year/issue. Some boxes have a very small premium, usually for more common issues while others carry a significant premium. I would personally place a stronger premium on cello and rack boxes vs wax, as those are more easily cherry picked.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭
    I'm surprised that those 1986 T FB are hitting $3000. You can buy 1975 Topps mini boxes all day at $3000 and I am sure those are much more rare. I know it's not an exact comparison but it's just to make a point. If these crazy prices keep happening can you imagine what older sealed cases will be going for?

I too would place a greater premium on a cello or rack box FASC.
    Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    $3,000? they are now selling for 4,000 and one just listed for 4,950
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    yes the prices on the boxes from a sealed case on football is amazing I purchased some boxes from a sealed case of 1984 topps football about a year ago from steve I think for $750 a box and I believe another board member bought the rest of the case from steve and I just noticed one sell through pwcc for $2650 I was wow now mind you the boxes look amazing just shocked at such a run up so fast
  • Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    Need a board group break soon on some more mid 1980s football sealed cases........