Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

*** PSA/DNA Red Flip group submission-March 2016

It's that time a year again and time for another psa/dna red flip autographed card group submission. Mike (VitoCo1972) and myself will be submitting all of the cards to PSA sometime in the middle of March. Once again, PSA has been extremely generous to allow us to offer a substantial group discount for the message board.
As many of you have probably already noticed, PSA’s prices have gone up. I have come to an agreement with PSA, if we can get a minimum submission of 700+ cards they will only charge us $15.00 per card which includes PSA's shipping and insurance to return the cards to me. The price per card did go up $0.50 per card from the last time we did the sub last year. We tried negotiating a better deal but PSA requires a huge volume of cards which would be next to impossible to get to.

Here are the rules of the sub, so PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY SO THERE IS NO CONFUSSION WHEN THE TIME COMES TO SEND ME YOUR CARDS.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND WILL BE DISCUSSED IN MORE DETAIL IN SECTION 9. IT IS IMPARATIVE THAT YOUR CARDS MUST INCLUDE A DETAILED EXCEL OR WORD DOC OF EXACTLY WHAT IS BEING SENT. PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR LIST AS WELL AS PRINT OUT A HARD COPY AND INCLUDE IT WITH YOUR CARDS when you send me your cards. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS johnswieton@gmail.com. This will allow me to start working on filling out the sub form before I have received your cards. This part of the process is extremely important to help us get the paperwork filled out in a timely manner. When you send me your cards, please make it VERY CLEAR which cards you would like graded with a # grade and which cards you would like labeled “Authentic” (without a number grade.) for standard sized cards only. Tallboys/oversized cards will be graded with a number grade.

I have received several PM’s asking if we can do many combinations of services. We took the most common requests and we came up with three subs.

-Sub number 1 will be red flip with # grade (standard sized cards)
- Sub number 2 will be red flip WITHOUT # grade labeled "AUTHENTIC" (standard size cards)
- Sub number 3 will be red flip with # grade (oversized/tallboy cards)

Breakdown of fees:

Instead of trying to figure out exactly what every ones totals will be with shipping to and from PSA, insurance, packing material, and numerous other expenses included in putting together three subs. I am just going to charge a flat fee of $15.00 per card.

Once the cards have been graded and or returned to me from PSA, I will then get each person an exact total from the post office to return your cards. I know some people might start complaining at this point but just to give you a reference of how long it took me to fill out all the sub forms and pack up our last 800+ card sub I put more than 60 hours of my time into doing this sub from start to finish, and that is not an inflated number. Just like the last sub we did, my ultimate goal is to make sure everything runs smoothly and there are no mistakes or mix-ups when you receive your cards back from the sub.

Here are the rules to the group sub:

1) The standard size cards that pass, will be labeled with the red flip. The autograph itself will not be graded, only authenticated, but the card will be graded if you choose or it can be labeled “Authentic” without a number grade. You may split your sub between the two services with your standard size cards. When you send me your cards please make it clear which cards you would like labeled with a # grade and which cards you want labeled “Authentic” (without a number grade.) .
2) All cards must be licensed trading cards-
3 These subs are for licensed cards only no memorabilia, index cards, Tickets, or photos will be submitted.
4) There are no cards allowed that are valued over $200.00. Please don't play games with this and submit cards valued higher. PSA is being good to us, and giving us a good deal, don't take advantage of them.
5) To participate in this group sub, you must send in a minimum of 5 cards. The last few times I had a 10 card minimum but I know a lot of people had 5,6,7 cards and I don't want them to get left out this time.
6) The price is $15.00 per card, plus the exact shipping totals to get the cards back to you once I receive them back from PSA. If you are unhappy with this fee structure then please don't participate in the sub.
7) When you send me your cards you must include the grading fees up front with your cards ($15.00 per card).I will only accept payments via check or money order. If your check or money order bounces, then I will not send your submission and you will pay for me to ship them back to you. You must pay in full when you send me the cards for submission. Once I receive the cards back from PSA I will then contact you with the cost of returning your cards and you can send me a check or PayPal for the return shipping. I know it is a pain in the butt to send a second payment for the cards to be returned to you, but there is really no way to calculate the shipping weight until I have the cards back in my possession.
8) The submission will be going to PSA in the middle of March.. The deadline to get me your cards is March 10th. I know it will take some time to get your cards together but if possible, please don't wait until the last minute to get me your cards/payment.
9) When you send me your cards, you must package them in individual CS1's only ( or UltraPro equivalent). Standard top loaders are not allowed. Also, this is very important, Please include a detailed inventory list with all pertinent information on a Excel Spread Sheet or Word doc including your name and CU user ID, card name, manufacture, year, player name and card value. Check PSA's submission center if you are unsure how to do that. Please make sure it is clear which cards you want graded with a # grade, and which cards you want labeled "Authentic" (without a # grade) for the standard sized cards. You must ship them in a method that requires my signature. Make sure you purchase adequate insurance. Again, to make this clear, this sub is only for PSA/DNA Red Flip holders.
10) If you are planning on participating, please post in this thread with your approximate quantity, and I will keep a running list in this post.
11) Please don't ask me if we can get a better deal with PSA, if you'd like to do that, do it yourself and you will see we are getting the best possible price. Again, I think they are being more than fair and generous with their pricing. It works for me, if it doesn't work for you, then don't participate.
12) I am not responsible for PSA's turnaround time. If it takes them a week, that's awesome, if it takes them 3 months, that's not my responsibility. I'll be waiting anxiously just like you.
13)If you still have questions, please ask me in the thread, not via PM's, it's much easier for me to keep track of it that way.
14) Once you have read the rules and you decide you would like to participate in the group sub, please send me a PM and I will send you my shipping/payment info.

I am sorry for all the rules, I just don't want there to be any misconceptions, and in order for everything to go smoothly, I feel it's best to set them from day one. I will also keep the board updated on a weekly basis to let everyone know where we are in the submission process.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• Thanks for doing this again John.. and Mike, it is really a ton of work!
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, much appreciated, especially the larger tallboy holder size option. Will work on putting together my order.

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    John,

Can we also do a cross-over sub with grade for regular sized cards?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
    I created a blank excel template if anyone needs one. PM me your e-mail address if interested.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    I am in for 10 cards!

Stupid question, but can we include a card that is currently in a blue authentic holder or is this considered a cross-over?
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
    Originally posted by: ghooper33
    I am in for 10 cards!

Stupid question, but can we include a card that is currently in a blue authentic holder or is this considered a cross-over?

Swapping a blue flip for a red flip is considered just a regular (non-autographed) submission.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Originally posted by: gregm13

Swapping a blue flip for a red flip is considered just a regular (non-autographed) submission.

Rgs,

Greg M.

Awesome - thanks!
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭
    I think the blue to red is technically a crossover submission. That's what PSA told me the last time. You can't submit it with other regular submissions. The price is the same as a regular submission though, and you can get the bulk pricing if you meet the minimum #s.
  • Agreed. Blue to red is a crossover and can be subbed under the monthly specials as long as you have the minimum number.
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Bumping this. Gents, the plan is to get this going ASAP. Please post final numbers. Thanks!
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    I will have 5 standard size cards for the red flip with card grade. Thanks for putting this together
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    I've got 30 regular and 8 tall boys to submit. Thanks John and Mike for putting this together.
  • So do we crack out the blue flips or send them in the blue flip holder?
    Don't crack blue flips. You can pay the regular card rate to get them graded in their blue flips. This sub isn't for Blue Flips. You'll do better subbing them yourself as if they're regular raw cards (but still in their holder).
    John/Mike,

I know that you have been busy, however can you answer my question above? I have 6-8 SCG slabbed cards that I would like to cross-over.

Thanks

Greg

References:
    Not doing any crossovers as far as I know, Greg.
  • I am in for 3.
  • in for at least the 5
  • Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    Is this going to happen? It doesn't even look like we are at 50 yet...
    We're well over 50. Posted on SCN as well. John has over 100 and so do I.
  • jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is definitely going to happen. Mike and I are just hashing out a few details but we should be able to get to the 500+ card mark we need to get to. If anyone hasn’t already done so, please PM me your totals. To also answer a question I have received from a few members, yes the red flips will include the player name, year, brand, and card number on the flip.
  • HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Count me in for 25
    John,

PM sent.

Greg M.

References:
  • initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Should Steiner Cert Cards be included with the cards? I have a couple of Ewing "PE" signed cards that may need the reinforcement....

Also, what if a card is deemed over the value mark? Is it just rejected or charged more per?

Thinking of a Jeter SP...
    im going to have to back out of this. I only have 4 cards. I was hoping to have 5 by now but a card I purchased on ebay over a week ago still hasn't shipped. If I get it in the next day or 2 i'll over night the cards to make the 3/10 deadline. I just didn't want to hold up anything. thanks.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: eagles33

im going to have to back out of this. I only have 4 cards. I was hoping to have 5 by now but a card I purchased on ebay over a week ago still hasn't shipped. If I get it in the next day or 2 i'll over night the cards to make the 3/10 deadline. I just didn't want to hold up anything. thanks.

I'm not sure the 3/10 deadline is still in effect, as I don't think they decided which of the two to mail our cards to yet?

Very likely will be me. John and I have been texting all morning.
    It looks like the March 10th deadline is going to be pushed back a couple weeks so there is still plenty of time to get your cards ready if you want to participate in the sub.
    Great thanks.
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jswieton

It looks like the March 10th deadline is going to be pushed back a couple weeks so there is still plenty of time to get your cards ready if you want to participate in the sub.

Having never done a group sub before, can you give this newbie some of the details once the green light is given?

Obviously, I need to send you cards. You will get them all in and send into PSA for the group sub and vice-versa on the return.

Do you need to have the details on what we are sending or will you account for all of it on the PSA forms as they come into your possession?

Do you have a feel for when the green light will be?

How long of an open window will there be between "go" and "no more!".

Thanks for organizing - looking forward to seeing these in a RED flip.

Flcardtrader
    flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
    You will need to send the details in excel. See the first post for the details. The organizer gave pretty thorough instructions.
    Hey guys - I have one card in a blue flip and would like to get it in a red flip for my set registry. I think there was some other interest in this thread and if we can get 4-5 more cards at $10 each we may be able to send them in with this sub.

Any other interest from folks to send in auto cards in the blue flip to a red flip for $10 each?
  • alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ghooper33

Hey guys - I have one card in a blue flip and would like to get it in a red flip for my set registry. I think there was some other interest in this thread and if we can get 4-5 more cards at $10 each we may be able to send them in with this sub.

Any other interest from folks to send in auto cards in the blue flip to a red flip for $10 each?

No need, those can go through a regular grading submission
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
    That's what he's saying. I have 3/4 Blues. But to get the $10 rate (Regular bulk) we need to have 10 of them and I'll just do a regular sub. Anyone with a few Blue that they want to cross to Red (w/ grade)? This is NOT part of our group sub but seemed like a good place to mention.
    Are crossovers permitted under the March special of $5.75 per card? If so, I'm going to have at least 25 to send in, which is the minimum number needed for the discounted rate.
    Originally posted by: PSASAP
    Are crossovers permitted under the March special of $5.75 per card? If so, I'm going to have at least 25 to send in, which is the minimum number needed for the discounted rate.

Yes, you can submit blue flips under the monthly specials, as a separate submission, as long as they meet the requirements of the special (e.g. max declared value, years).

I have a bunch of blue flips that I would like to cross to red flips with grades - so count me in.

Also, I think that we should add a separate submission for BGS/SCG, ect... crossovers. I have 6 ready to go.

Thanks,

Greg M.

References:
  • All crossovers (blue, bgs, etc) can be in one sub.

• EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Let me check this weekend to see if I have 5 to send.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
    Originally posted by: charrigan
    All crossovers (blue, bgs, etc) can be in one sub.

Agreed...that's what I meant to say, but didn't do a very good job of image

Greg M.

References:
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    sent you a PM, John
    If you have a BGS authenticated autograph (JSA) that's slabbed, you can send it with PSA blue flips and get the card graded? That doesn't sound right, could someone clarify that?
  • Yeah, what I wrote before wasn't quite right. Shouldn't post in the morning. For grading only crossovers, you can mix. A BGS card would require both PSA/DNA authentication AND grading--so it couldn't be included. My bad.
  • Autos4AlexAutos4Alex Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    For the group red flip:
    18 Oversized
    106 Regular

Might be able to do more depending on when the sub actually takes place.

For the blue to red PSASAP is running
    5 Blue

Would like to piggy back on:
    1x Blue -> Red pre 1956
    4x Other company crossover
    ?x Red Authentic -> red w/grade
    Over the past week Mike (VitoCo1972) and I have been bouncing ideas off each other and we have finally hashed out the details of how we are going to share the responsibility of the sub. The official date to get your cards in to us is going to be March 25. The way we are going to do the sub is mike is going to be the one receiving and submitting the cards, and I am going to be doing all the paperwork to help distribute the time it takes putting the sub together.

This is the way it’s going to work. Everyone is going to ship their card direct to Mike. You can either PM Mike or me and we will send you Mike’s shipping address so you can ship him your cards by March 25th. Mike’s only request is to PLEASE make sure you send your cards with a signature confirmation. He will not take responsibility for a lost or damaged package if it’s not sent with a signature confirmation.

When you are ready to ship your cards, please email me a spreadsheet to johnswieton@gmail.com a detailed list of exactly what you are sending Mike. Make sure to include what cards you want graded with a number grade and what cards you want to have labeled “Authentic” without a number grade. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me a PM but most of your question can probably be answered if you read the rules of the submission at the beginning of the thread.
    Guys, excited to get this going. Please PM John with Final Totals and PM me for shipping address. Let's do this!
    I have a card coming back from a Barry Larkin signing that won't be in my hands until the 31st. Can I send in the form with the card included, and mail it to you as soon as I get it?
    God forbid there is a delay in the sub, it might be ok but I'm looking to get this done on time. Apologies.
    Mike - PM sent.

Greg M.

References:
    Pm sent. I'll send them 2 day on Saturday. Thanks again for putting this together.
  • CatmanCatman Posts: 267 ✭✭
    Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread and I'd like in on the flip I have 10 cards. I'm a regular on the Pro Football HOF autograph thread. PM sent