Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

R.I.P. **eBay Buyer/Bidder History Search Tool**

Well it appears WatchCount.com's **eBay Buyer/Bidder History Search Tool** has succumbed to the powers that be. Just went to check some buyers and it looks like it's been killed due to controversy. They say "on eBay's polite request". Yea, sure they did. They did away with it in the U.S. now they're going after anybody else that made the information available.

America's obsession with "privacy" is letting eBay make it easy to erase all traces of it's auctions footprints. They've eliminated any tools a buyer (or seller) could use to make an informed decision about an auction.

Too late to edit but did anyway.
imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    I imagine that will affect future T&P eBay data.
  • Options
    Saw that the other day.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: oklahomadanny

Well it appears WatchCount.com's **eBay Buyer/Bidder History Search Tool** has succumbed to the powers that be. Just went to check some buyers and it looks like it's been killed due to controversy. They say "on eBay's polite request". Yea, sure they did. They did away with it in the U.S. now they're going after anybody else that made the information available.

America's obsession with "privacy" is letting eBay make it easy to erase all traces of it's auctions footprints. They've eliminated any tools a buyer (or seller) could use to make an informed decision about an auction. Looks like it's time to list those 10,000 shares I have in the Brooklyn Bridge Co.

"God bless Google", they know more about you than you do!

Apple cares about you, they're not going to let the big bad government get you. Who cares if you're a terrorist.

Rant over. Probably remove this post anyway.

Yep, it's been pulled. Just when I thought I had a way to really check things. Grrrrrrr.

Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    As far as the Apple thing that you mentioned goes, I was taught that a lot of brave men died in multiple wars spanning several hundred years to KEEP the government from reading our private thoughts and statements. Alleged terrorists or not. Certainly most of the Founding Fathers thought so; that's presumably why they included the Fourth Amendment. (You know what Amendments are - they are those things that allow crazy people to shoot up kindergartens with high powered machine guns).

• Options
    Poof!
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    Danny, no need to edit or delete. My 'Nam service was a bit tamer than yours as my orders got changed and I ended up stateside the whole time; however one of my best friends reminds me that his 11 months "humping the boonies" helped him get priorities straight.

Anyway, back to point of the thread -- eBay will do what it has to do to protect its $$$ and not much we as customers can do except continue to be alert and vigilant.

Stay well my friend, stay well, and never forget that your service counts!image
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    I miss that tool alot. It was fun to put in friends ID's or even other ID's I dealt with years ago and see what they were finding and buying. As we all know Ebay is such a goliath that it's impossible to see / find everything. Yes, it's borderline stalker stuff, but it just recently showed me a previously unknown note that a fellow forum member found and snagged. Without, it might of been quite some time before I ever knew that note existed.

That tool has actually lead me to other leads and sharpened my skills on Ebay for searching. Plus it helped me bust one seller who was seriously trying to rip me off. He bought a large group at less than $1 per note and was trying to unload them on me at a "GREAT PRICE" of $45 each. I know him as a re-seller so I was already skeptical of his great price. I'm all for making profit, but come on. I offered $10 a note and he shot me down. 10x your investment? that's overkill and good enough in my book. It wasn't a small buy, I was taking his $50 and turning it into $5,000 in less than a week. Who would turn that down? No muss, no fuss and he still had more notes left over. But he wouldn't bite. Maybe someone else will resurrect that tool somewhere else.
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quick summary of things missed on eBay:

Leaving negatives for non-paying bidders

Other payment methods other than payPal.

Detailed feedback

Seeing actual userids

Wildcard searches ie Scot* instead of Scottish or Scotland

Please add to this...
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    I will add:

Seeing the actual agreed price on a best offer in search results
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Constantine

I will add:

Seeing the actual agreed price on a best offer in search results

Watchcount will still do this, right?

• Options
    I will add: You can no longer see that there's a pending offer or offers on a note.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    to bad that was a useful tool to use.