Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

money landering? can anyone explain ** OK THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE **

all this seller will get is a net of like $30-40 after he pays shipping and ebay/paypal fees... can anyone explain why?

i am lost:

ebay craziness

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    $30-$40 must be worth it for them?? Maybe they think they will sell 100+ lots a month and never have to work again with a new $3K-$4K eBay income. image
  • Options
    if they lose even one lot in the mail they'll be so under water
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    It is odd yes. He has sold 137 of his single $100 listing at $116.75. Not much profit either after fees/shipping though.
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Certainly better than what you can get from a bank in interest. Definitely not greedy.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Some people have a tough time finding truly new bills and may be willing to pay a premium but it seems like it most likely Money laundering or cashing in Ebay Buck too me...

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Jim61

Certainly better than what you can get from a bank in interest. Definitely not greedy.

That is too true! Great point Jim.

• Options
    Originally posted by: Maxcrusha
    all this seller will get is a net of like $30-40 after he pays shipping and ebay/paypal fees... can anyone explain why?

i am lost:

ebay craziness

He pays eBay/PayPal fees at a lower rate than you.

Jeff

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." Henry David Thoreau
    twitter: @ActionCurrency
    web: www.actioncurrency.com
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

i want someone to explain this one

How can that be explained except laundering....no way.

Maybe they are N. Koren counterfeits??

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Perhaps someone should make him an offer of $900 cash and see what happens?
  • Options
    Looks like the 2nd guy has never sold money before....so maybe a compromised account and they are selling fake $100 bills. Once they get caught, the account is shut down and they move on?
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options
    gsalexgsalex Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    He's basically an ATM. What's occurring is money being converted from PayPal credit into cash. The seller is in Virginia; he seems to be tacking on a percentage for the conversion, when you deduct the fees. What I'd like to know is where/who the money is being shipped to. A lot of these buyers are new and they are repeaters.

Definitely money laundering. Every so often he'll sell a few coins so he looks more legit, but if you look at his feedback it's nearly all $100 bills.
    Intrigued by all things intaglio.
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I never really thought of it like an ATM... Using credit cards or Credit accounts to get cash... That actually makes a whole lot of sense and for someone in the right situation would be a lot less expensive then trying to get a cash advance from a Credit Card. Not to mention that if you take a cash advance they will only allow it up to a certain % of your limit. With this method you could use 100% of your limit.

On the higher volume seller he is at least paying what 4 - 6% in fees? (Jeff?) so there is a decent return there but to me it wouldn't be worth the risk or time... Perhaps he has a very good insurance policy and feels more comfortable than I would. The only way it would be worth the time would be to increase the volume and then I would imagine it would reach someone's radar...

• Options
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

seriously?

Newbie seller just trying to buy his first positive feedback IMHO.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    how about selling $1 bills for 50 cents? probably would be safer
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    More often than not when there is no history of selling bills or change like this it is a compromised account. Or the person has already ruined their credit and they are gonna take the payment and run either stiffing the buyer, stiffing eBay on fees at the end of the month or both.
  • Options
    i bought the 6 $20 bills for $114... they arrived! yippee!