Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

a few pictures of some "pack" fresh vintage cards, t206, goudey

Thought I would show some pics of some nice condition raw cards.
I cant find a flaw in the 34 goudey. Will probably send that off to get graded at some point.
I wonder if it has a chance at an 8 or 9?
Not sure how tough PSA is on t206 or t207s

Comments

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    heh
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    I would say that if these are not reprints, then they should all be graded. The 206s in the screw down are centered extremely well and have 4 very nice corners. I would imagine that they are all 7s at a minimum (from what I can see in the pics). the Goudey is hard to see in some areas. Looks like there is a stain or print flaw in the bottom left of the card and the corners seem to have ever so slight wear. I would guess that this is a 7/8 at minimum. The McGraw would be a 6 minimum Corners appear to have some minor wear. The 207 is a 5. It has more wear along the edges. PSA & SGC are tougher on vintage cards than modern. Because the 206s and Goudey cards have a high demand in high quality, they are scrutinized way more IMO.

Where did you find these? Do you have any back scans?
  • Options
    PSA 6

chaz
  • Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    I'm Jealous!

Matt
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: RipublicaninMass
    PSA 6

chaz

Wow, now there is a blast from the past!! image
  • Options
    natetrooknatetrook Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Durocher is trimmed.

Questionable authenticity on the T206's
  • Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it a sad commentary that our first assumptions were that these are either altered, fakes or both? They just look too nice to be the real deal. Cards like those sit in prestigious collections and are not to be found and obtained by common collectors, the likes of which are known to hang around internet message boards. I kid somewhat, but mostly that is the truth.
    I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful cards, Doug~good luck with the sub!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Amazing looking group!
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ugaskidawg

The 207 is a 5. It has more wear along the edges. PSA & SGC are tougher on vintage cards than modern.

Only a 5?

This is a 5.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1912-T...PSA-5-EX-/272144391839
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Wow! Those are some AMAZING looking raw cards. Best of luck with your submission. Where did you find them?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stingray
    Originally posted by: RipublicaninMass
    PSA 6

chaz

Wow, now there is a blast from the past!! image

I wonder how many "got it"?

Shane

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging just the fronts of the T206's they are absolutely authentic.
    Sweet group. Congrads
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.