Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Some 75 topps BB cards I forgot I had.

I recently moved and among my bb cards are about 50-60 800 count boxes of commons.
Most of them I write on the box, 1987 topps (810 cards) yes, I would actually count how
many cards I would put in them. A few boxes were unmarked, and late last night I opened
one and found it had about 400-450 1975 cards. Some decent looking star cards, will post the best eight star cards and maybe a few nice looking commons.

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have several off center star cards, Yaz, Killebrew, Aaron #660.
    I think I'll send in a lot of these and start a mid grade set along with my mostly PSA 9 set.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2017 7:25AM
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some beauties in there! Good luck with the sub!

Makes me want to open a 75 rack, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.
    Grote- These came from rack packs. I noticed 4-5 cards had what I've heard called 'roller marks',
    where the top card in a cell is sometimes damaged in a rack pack.
    I bet what happened is I opened a bunch of packs and didn't have any plastic sleeves or card savers
    at the time so I put them in the box, then eventually forgot about them.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Darin

Thanks guys.

Grote- These came from rack packs. I noticed 4-5 cards had what I've heard called 'roller marks',

where the top card in a cell is sometimes damaged in a rack pack.

I bet what happened is I opened a bunch of packs and didn't have any plastic sleeves or card savers

at the time so I put them in the box, then eventually forgot about them.

I thought they looked "rack pack fresh," lol.

Loader (or "machine") marks on the top or bottom edge of the top card in a rack pack cell are very common in racks from the 1970s, and is the result of the machine "catching" the last card before loading it into that particular section. In some cases, you will find an extra card in that section, too. It typically affects only that top card, though.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15
    Some beauties in there! Good luck with the sub!

Makes me want to open a 75 rack, lol..

No!! Must sell them image

• Options
    Thanks Grote, I knew after I read my post that 'roller marks' wasn't the right term.
    One more scan and I'll quit, LOL. I'm just really happy I found these.
    Of course many of them were way off center, you know how 75's are.

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    That Brock record breaker is a nice card if it has a chance at a 9. Even an 8 makes it a $40+ card. Nice cards to find.