Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hank Aaron Topps Rookie Crossover SGC to PSA

Im going to the national this year. Been a long time coming (last time i went was in AC also) and was thinking of things to bring to PSA. Im not going to crack it and know chances arent great but is it worth the try to cross this?

Just looking for a 6 on this. Not expecting anything higher

The scratches you see in 1 pic is on case not card

As far as defects I want to point out that you might not be sure of if on pic or card is

Above the M in cap and to left of it is some light print spots as well as a few on left border - Few white specs on blue part of cap also

Comments

• Options
    I would not try and cross this over, especially if it's for monetary value.. It's a nice card, but PSA is notoriously a little more strict on centering and I think this would only cross over to a PSA 5. The bottom corners are a little rougher than 6-quality and I think that the centering would keep it from getting the "eye-appeal bump" up to a 6.

Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for you input. The bottom left corner has the most wear. That being said corners look a little nicer in hand vs a blown up pic

Gona look at some more cards and see if anything else worthy of submitting (and maybe 1 other card to consider for crossover)

On a side note any suggestions to submitting being lines must get crazy at the national. Go to PSA as soon as show opens or when show is closing for the day?
  • Options
    i would cross it with PSA 5 Min grade. Maybe you'll catch a break.

Personally id rather have a PSA 5 then a SGC 6
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭
    Debating on weather having PSA 5 or SGC 6 is interesting. Im not sure on that but for this particular card and the centering - leaning toward SGC 6

So this looks to you like a 4 or a 4.5 and that getting a 5 on this would be getting a break?

It looks like it would easily be a 5 unless you are hinting at possible trim/alteration?

(note i am not offended at all with your opinion and appreciate the feedback - just curious what led you to that)

• Options
    Per VCP...

PSA 5 currently is $60 more than a SGC 6. However.......

SGC 6 only has 2 sales this past year, both in around June 2015. During this time, a PSA 5 was selling for about $400 less than it is now, 8 month later.

For all intents and purposes a SGC 6 will sell higher than a PSA 5.... even if it is the same card because lets face it, people dont just buy the card, they buy the TPG, the grade, and the holder altogether.
    Current T206 Needs: (Updated 9/11/17)

LaJoie Portrait 3+, Cy Young Bare Hand 3+

Ty Cobb Bat Off 4+, ANY Red & Green Portrait

• Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    i would take a SGC 6 over a PSA 5 everyday of the week.

Why not send it in with a minimum grade?
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: wilkiebaby11
    Per VCP...
    PSA 5 currently is $60 more than a SGC 6. However.......

SGC 6 only has 2 sales this past year, both in around June 2015. During this time, a PSA 5 was selling for about $400 less than it is now, 8 month later.

For all intents and purposes a SGC 6 will sell higher than a PSA 5.... even if it is the same card because lets face it, people dont just buy the card, they buy the TPG, the grade, and the holder altogether.

+1

I would never cross the card over with the intent of accepting a lower grade especially
    if the purpose is to resell. I would either cross in hopes of a six and if it did not
    cross I would sell as is and use that money to buy the card you wanted.

aconte
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    I would love to hear what makes someone say that card is a 4.5 or getting a break at getting a 5. comical how critical people are of other peoples cards on this board. if it was the posters card, he would probably be saying it is high end.

my opinion and what I would do. crack it and send it to psa if you really want it in a psa holder, otherwise, the card looks great where it is. the card will get a 6 cracked out. centering is absolutely not an issue in a 6 grade. appeal and color is strong and would get a 6.
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    Probably to much print smearing on the back for a PSA 6, but it's worth taking a shot.
  • Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Probably a PSA 5 at max due to top left and bottom right corners. Also appears there is a wrinkle on the back over the BA 362 might even be a tear. Very nice card leave as is.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to speak for TBP, but I read it as the 5 min grade is likely and could catch a break and get a PSA6.