Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Need some help from the vintage boxing guys

Can anyone tell me what set this card is from? It's blank-backed, so no help there. Sorry for the glare off the Card Saver.

Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings

Comments

• brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Google is your friend. Search Jack O'Brien card and switch to images and this pops up.

Boxing Card

• brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Or evening searching eBay with just his name and then under boxing cards there are graded examples of this card. I am curious did you attempt to look this up yourself at all?
  • Ah, yes. The Google. I must be tired. Thank you!
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • You can offer help or not offer help, entirely your choice. But your snark is a bit boring. Thank you all the same.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you didn't look this up first because then you probably wouldn't have shared it. Nice looking card! Let us know what set it is from and more information when you come across it.
  • W580.
    My favorite set.
    Looks like the non-glossy (non-Siam) version. Nice card.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
  • dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Wow. What good is this place if you can't come and ask for expert advice without getting trashed? Members of a community bring questions and ideas for others to be part of. Sure we could all google/or even go to the library and research but with the level of knowledge on this forum why not throw the question out here first.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: dennis07
    Wow. What good is this place if you can't come and ask for expert advice without getting trashed? Members of a community bring questions and ideas for others to be part of. Sure we could all google/or even go to the library and research but with the level of knowledge on this forum why not throw the question out here first.

+1

I'd add that if you're collecting boxing you should pick up a copy of Adam Warshaw's book "America's Great Boxing Cards". It's very comprehensive and used by both PSA and SGC to identify issues.
    Adam doesn't post on here but he does on 54, as do many knowledgeable boxing collectors. Might be a good place to try next time.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• I echo what Anthony said. I started a w580 thread on net54 way back when and I know Adam contributed greatly to it. I would definitely recommend checking it out.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
  • Thanks, fellas. I'll definitely look for a copy of that book. I'm just going through some boxes of miscellaneous cards looking for 15 candidates for my CC sub (before it expires).
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • MikeLearner, for reference, I wouldn't bother subbing this one. It's a great card (IMHO) but not worth subbing.
  • Thank you, I appreciate that.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings