Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

ICG Millennium Sac to PCGS Registry Set?

I've come into possesion of an ICG-slabbed Millennium Sacagawea coin. How do I add this coin to my PCGS registry set? Should I just submit the ICG slab for a PCGS crossover grade, and then submit the resulting PCGS slab number?

.B ekiM

Comments

• Options
    Sending it in to be crossed might be the only way PCGS will denote it as a millennium Sac. I don't think they will denote it if you crack it out. It would be a good idea to call PCGS and ask first just to be safe.

Larry
    Dabigkahunaimage
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeB
    Larry is right don't crack it out,must be in the ICG holder.Al
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, what does a PCGS Millenium Sac go (Not a pop top coin, but a decent one). I think I may have one floating around and I was wondering if it was worth crossing over from a financial perspective. I have no interest other than eventually selling it.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    DeepCoin--I saw one sell for $152 the other day on ebay for a PCGS MS67. I have one of the ICG holdered coins in for crossover right now for my registry set. I compared it under 10X to a Goodacre in MS68 and will be really ticked off if it comes back less than that. You never know, though, with PCGS. I just put a note on the submission form that it compared equally to the Goodacre in MS68, but didn't specify the minimum grade in the space provided. Knowing PCGS, they'll probably send it back ungraded
  • Options
    Fletch,

Thanks for the info. I think I will send my in. Do you know the PCGS number by any chance? I am just rolling the dice to get it into a slab that will sell. My opinion of ICG is they are heavily discounted.
  • Options
    DeepCoin,
    I sent 2 in 6 months ago and left the # blank.My holder says 99584 if that helps.Al
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    The 68's were selling from $650-$775 range plus or minus.
  • Options
    Al,

Thanks for the number, but that is the Goodacre number. Dummy that I am, I have population report and the 2000-D Millennium Sac is 99585. As of the last printing there were 4 68s, 72 67s and 256 66s out of 513 graded. How would you like to be the guy with one of the 2 ms63s?

BTW, what did yours come back as? Were you happy with the grade?

Edited to add the Sac number
  • Options
    DeepCoin: 99585 is the correct number. Good luck on your submission.image
  • Options
    DeepCoin
    The grades whereMS67 and MS 66.I think i traded the 67 for mercsimage$450.00.Good luck on your submission.Edited to add...that was for a goodacre.Al
  • Options
    I just sent 3 of the ICG coins in in the millenium designated holders , and got back 2- 67's and 1 - 66 . Ijust sent them for the crossover.
    Howie
    Howie--Always looking to upgrade SBA , MS Eagles & Ikes