Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1981 TOPPS I CAN HELP

Hello folks,

Just thought I'd give you guys the word. In the next couple of weeks I'll be receiving a bunch of 81's from psa. Also at the moment I'm building a high grade set for myself and another gentleman, so I'll be sending in tons. So if you guys are interested in commons, stars, etc. email me for the details. I trust you, all cards to be high grade, I've cracked over 100 case fresh boxes this year and it's time to submit. I've been selling some on ebay under gator05 or you can check registry under the mm collection. Out of the 70 10's on the pop report 50 have been in my hand. It's the real deal I can build a set for you, save on shipping etc. You can email me under rmorse@accn.org.

Thanks, Mattimage

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Im interested in a complete NM+ raw set. Can you beat recent e-bay prices? Let me know. robasmith@mail.com Thanks
  • unishipuniship Posts: 490 ✭✭
    After opening a rack box of 1981 topps baseball, I have deemed them impossible to get in PSA 10. Can you elaborate on the toughness of this issue in high grade since you seem to have great experience with this? Thanks!
  • theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Bob, I sent you an email. I have a Raw 1981 set from vending that easily grades NM+.

Brian
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
    1965, I never got the e-mail.
    Bob, try me at psa1965topps@yahoo.com

I have tried robasmith@mail.com several times and I guess they aren't getting to you.

Thanks, Brian

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
    I got got it and sent a reply, Thanks.
  • GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Uniship,

I can tell you this, I've opened tons and the best way to describe it is you win some and you lose some. I find them more tough than 78's, 79's, etc. Trying to find a mint card raw is impossible. What I've found is over 50 percent will be oc, pd, etc. The only thing that's good about them is their cheap.

Later on down the road people will learn how tough this set really is. Like I said before I've cracked zillions. I've yet to see a murphy, garvey, and jax worth sending in. Graded cards for this year will go up you watch, to bad by the time they do I'll already have sold my dups but that's the name of the game.

Thanks Matt
    Matt,

The Bench's always seem to have print marks. Several more players seem have their own issues. I opened two vending boxes and the PD's were amazingly consistent from card to card.

Brian

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • GATOR5GATOR5 Posts: 654
    Brian

Your correct on the bench, he's another I've yet to see in a high end 9 along with rose. I have 20 roses all borderline oc. Bench is alway pd. Goes back to my theory if you wan't this set start collecting now. Everyone sais their only 81's. Wait and see. Chippings another huge factor. It's like if you don't send them in at the time you cracked your case they seem to deteriorate sp?. In fact I'm going through all my commons at the moment to send in and I'm finding that they've lost crispness. Weird..

Matt