Home Precious Metals
Options

Coin & Precious Metal "Dealer" Tulving was finally sentenced...

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had he ripped stock investors (Madoff style) he wouldn't see the light of day.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    $15 million lost.
    Not a bad sentence if he stashed some of the money somewhere.
    Get about that for robbing a Wawa.
    COA
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    If you steal $15m, pay a $10m fine you get $5m
    Spending 2 1/2 years in jail means he's making $2.5m a year.

Not a bad job if you can get it.
  • Options
    AboutAgAboutAg Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: TopographicOceans
    If you steal $15m, pay a $10m fine you get $5m
    Spending 2 1/2 years in jail means he's making $2.5m a year.

Not a bad job if you can get it.

The $10M fine is against The Tulving Company, which is in bankruptcy, and no longer run by Hannes Tulving, Jr.

The judge has given himself 90 days to decide on restitution. Hannes has also agreed to pay restitution that the CFTC decides upon (which as of about a month ago had not been decided).

And we haven't heard yet where the $17M went. The bankruptcy trustee hasn't even hinted yet that it went to Hannes.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I'll just repost what I had to say on the US Coins:

I remember just a couple of years ago several of us got beat up on the boards for pointing out that Tulving was a convicted crook and you should never send him your money. Got to give a guy a second chance, dredging up the ancient past, changed man, well ... a leopard never changes it's spots.

I don't even feel sorry for the people that lost money, everyone knew who and what he was.
  • Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: JCMhouston
    I'll just repost what I had to say on the US Coins:

I remember just a couple of years ago several of us got beat up on the boards for pointing out that Tulving was a convicted crook and you should never send him your money. Got to give a guy a second chance, dredging up the ancient past, changed man, well ... a leopard never changes it's spots.

I don't even feel sorry for the people that lost money, everyone knew who and what he was.

I couldn't have said it better myself. With a 30 month sentence, I'm sure he'll be dreaming up his next scheme and how he will use his hidden(stolen) money when he gets out.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to get a halo in this business, or any metal business for that matter.