Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2013 Indian Head Nickel Centennial 1 ounce Silver Round gif - Dan Carr

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
I had a few coins imaged by robec and wanted to show off some of his handiwork image in the form of a GIF.

I think that he has a really good imagery set-up. This GIF shows how light angle can make certain "distractions" disappear. There is a little dimple below TROY (Obverse) that "disappears" at a certain light angle frame.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,813 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool! image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can that be slowed down?
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the website that made this GIF http://gifmaker.me/ can have different controls manipulated; speed, size, repeat times and add music.

The speed in the OP is 500 milliseconds (1/2 second) transition, it can go up to 10,000 milliseconds (10 seconds) transition, and down to 0 milliseconds (almost strobe-like). image
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind the round. I think the gif is distracting and unpleasant to watch.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy (airplanenut) was the first person 10+ years ago to add a movie to his eBay auctions showing the coin at different angles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file