Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

OT - Alzheimer's Award

Last Thursday 2/11/2016, I was inducted into the Alzheimer's Assoc. Hall of Fame in the Va., MD, and DC area for my efforts to raise money to finally find a cure. This may sound like 100% BS but I really do not deserve this honor. I'm just trying to help raise a buck or 2 to fund those trying to find a cure.

This is part of the email I received stated "We are pleased to invite you to our 2nd Annual Walk to End Alzheimer’s Hall of Fame Awards Celebration. We hold this event every year to recognize and honor our Walk participants and supporters - who have distinguished themselves through leadership and exemplary fundraising during the Walk season."

I would not have this honor without everyone who donated. Over the past 6 years, you all have helped donate $9,700. THANKS GANG!!

I was informed that a small plaque would be installed on their Hall of Fame and I was to submit what I wanted displayed. At first I thought "CLIFF IS GREAT" would be cool. image But I figured... nah. I then thought of displaying everyone who donated. They did not give me enough space. Hope you all like the dedication I came up with. Too bad the person taking the photo kinda cut off the top of head. I should be use to that by now.

The gentleman to the left is the president of the Alzheimer's Association for the DC-Northern VA-MD area. I forgot who the other guy is.

We were allowed to install the memorials.

The proud recipient.

This is a close-up of the memorial dedicated to my dad and grandfathers.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Comments

• Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!!! Way to go Cliff. image
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Cliff.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, Cliff. Well deserved.
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Great dedication decision!! Congrats to you and thank you for all your efforts.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    bonkroodbonkrood Posts: 796 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimage
    image Steam Power
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    A heart felt congratulations.
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Cliff! Congratulations!

I know your papa's are proud!
  • Options
    Great job!
    In 30+ years I have done nothing positive for the hobby because I'm lazy!

--------

Collector of paper money since 1985.

California & Nevada National Bank "Guru" per Peter Huntoon

ANA Intern 1990.

Former member Board of Governors of SPMC.

Life member SPMC 126

Life member ANA 4592

IBNS, FUN, CSNA, NASC, CSNS, etc

• Options
    You have what they call class, my friend. Congratulations!
    The above is my two cents worth - adjusted for inflation, YOU OWE me money. Please pay promptly.

SPMC LM #371
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admirable!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Truly a giant among men in several ways!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats and way to go, and thank you image
  • Options
    That was a very good work, Cliff!
    A class of ist own.
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone! I'm just a guy begging for money to find a cure. I wish I could have put everyone's name who donated on the plaque. Not enough space so I put down the 3 people who are the real reason I'm trying to raise funds. I was shocked when I was inducted into the PCGS Currency HOF but I'm completely blown away by this HOF. Thanks again.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: amrys

That was a very good work, Cliff!

A class of ist own.

+1 without a doubt. image

Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired