Home PSA Set Registry Forum

eBay purchase history ?

Is there a way to find purchase history information (mine), from eBay further back than 2014?

Comments

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't you just set up a search of your email for items won?
  • OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    I have used PayPal to do this. Go to 'activity' at the top of the page. There is a drop down for dates. Enter dates you would like to see. Depending on how far back you need to go it will either provide back results or give you a prompt to export your activity. The export function has worked well for me in the past because it is easier to work with and manipulate the data in excel once you export it compared to how it initially presents it.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: miwlvrn
    Couldn't you just set up a search of your email for items won?

+1, I just have all my eBay emails directed to a specific folder in my mail client. If I need to look back, it's a simple search.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No and no...I use a credit card for payments, not paypal.

eBay will only allow you to search back to 2014...my "problem" is in the 2010-2013 area. Lucky (maybe) for me, I called eBay and got a nice Representative who offered to search the eBay data base for my information. I provided him the card data (off the flip), as I don't have the eBay item #, and he offered to take the time to try and look up my cost of the items.

Having emails directed to a specific folder is great for future use, my problem is past tense. Fortunately (sorta), I created a file in VCP where I listed my set along with prices paid. UNfortunatley, I apparently got pretty lazy and didn't enter new data, or update as I upgraded.

I suggested to the rep that eBay offer a "past history" dump for those of us who get clumsy maintaining records (ME), and charge me a nominal fee, send me a PDF and everybody's happy. Rep told me he had a LOT of people suggest that to him, claims he handles a lot of calls per working shift.

Hopefully they guy will come through, if not, my only alternative is to re-VIP my VCP account and search there.

Tks for the feedback.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    If you use eSnipe, you can get all of your history back to the dawn of time.
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    What year was that ?

Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    It's bad enough we have community property laws, I'm not sure I want my purchase history available where my wife could find it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

Does that mean I should not fill her in on the stuff you have been posting when I see her in March

Al
    Not unless you want me to change my will on the '56 and '58 packs.

In regards to the original question, if you've been buying graded cards vcp will have a record of the sale going back to '06.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

Other than the nonsense unrelated to my original question, I very much appreciate the responses to my "dilemma". I don't use Paypal, eBay only goes back to 2014, and yes, VCP was already considered, however, if VCP doesn't have some of the cards listed, it won't pull prices. I had used Esnipe and recovered a few...bit by bit I managed to salvage about half of what I was looking for. However, several were BINs.

VCP, BTW, provides dates and prices within each PSA grade. If for example there are at least more than one sale within the grade, you have to make an educated guess as to which was yours. In my case, when I found a few, I just took a modest average to at least give me a baseline. My situation goes from 2009 to 2015.

It was foolish of me to have lost the file I had maintained. I have some one of ones that will be impossible to determine value in PSA 10. So, if and when I sell, I will assume a modest value for the cards.

Furthermore, VCP does not have all the cards within their database that I have in graded PSA cases. I have been in contact with both Bobby and Carlos, who have offered to enter these cards...however, only prices going forward will be eventually displayed, there is no going backwards.

Tks again for the suggestions and ideas...protect your information, don't get a brain cramp like I did !!
    In the case where vcp has a few and you're guessing which one is yours, they do have scans of each one, and you can see the cert number. If you don't still have the card and cert number to confirm if it is yours, if the card was on the registry that should show the cert number, retired or active. I know this is a bunch of "ifs" but hopefully you can piece together a cost basis.

Al
    Griffins,

Thanks for the suggestion, however, VCP does not have scans of several of the cards I'm trying to research. As an example, they don't have a 1976 Orbaker's Disc, which I have in a Gem Mint PSA 10, another would be a 1981 TCMA Portland Beavers card, which I have in a PSA 6.5.

Not only do they not have these cards as scans, they don't have these two in their database. Had this not been the case I would have been able to (as you suggested), find a cost price for these two. There are others.

There are others, thus my other comment about advising Bobby/Carlos about updating their database on the player I'm focused on.

Oddly, I got a response from eBay giving me a phone # to Paypal, stating they maintain records on every sale. I'll be giving them a call. If I'm successful, I'll share the # in case those reading this would possibly benefit.

Tks.
    That would be great, best of luck.

What happens in the event of an estate, or poor bookkeeping, when someone doesn't have a cost basis for long held stocks and mutual funds? Is there an accepted way of ballparking the cost/gain?

• KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Oddly, I got a response from eBay giving me a phone # to Paypal, stating they maintain records on every sale. I'll be giving them a call. If I'm successful, I'll share the # in case those reading this would possibly benefit.

You said you don't use PayPal so calling PayPal will only help if you used PayPal to pay for the purchases. Your credit card company may have your purchases going back a few years. Worthpoint would be a useful tool to find old Ebay sales, but it costs money to see pricing. If you don't pay for Worthpoint you might be able to match a sale date there to dates you obtain from your credit card company list of charges. I don't know why you need exact costs but the two items you mention above have very little value. The best card out of the TCMA set is Tiant, the whole set in NM+ shape is $10-$20, so any card in a 6.5 is probably worth less than the grading fee. Most of the Orbakers in PSA 10 average $5, with the most popular stars from the set only $20-$30. Just throw a cost on stuff like that at or near what it's currently worth and you should be fine.
    Kb,

All your points are valid. My cc company has records back to 2009, but don't identify the card purchase, only who I paid and when.

As posted previously, I will place a modest value on the cards should I decide to sell. I am well aware I'm not dealing with any heavy duty cards here. I was mostly curious to see if there were a way to locate past purchases, as I'm dealing with more than one set. I too thought the value of paypal would be next to useless.

Tks for the post.