Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

A St. Louis 1934 LGS set...

... was my first complete set with all denominations (except the 5k and 10k bills of course).

In the last couple of weeks I was able to purchase many LGS notes for my sets. I was surprised how many were available and the prices were ok, maybe because the market is really a little down.

But although I've found so many new additions I still don't have a complete district set of any denomination. For example I've got 8 of 12, 9 of 12, 10 of 12 or even 11 of 12 notes, but no complete set.

But when I checked the districts for a LGS type set I realized yesterday that I have now all St. Louis notes, because of my latest addition, the $500 1934 LGS St. Louis PMG 65 EPQ.

And I'm really happy that the two highest denominations came from famous collections:
The Eric P. Newman Collection ($1000) and the Holecek Family Collection ($500).

So I can now proudly present these St. Louis notes. I hope I will find the missing notes for the other districts...

Comments

• Options
    amrys, well done, sir. Well done indeed!

Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• Options
    Congratulations!! image Very Nice Set!!
    Official recipient of the "You Suck" Award (Oct. 2011)
  • Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously cool! As I started putting the numeral seals together I too first noticed that some district sets were completed.....I think my first set was Philly.Great stuff!
    Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Wow, Great set of StL LGSs. Congrats!!! image

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Well done !!
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!!!
  • Options

Nothing better than district sets, denom sets, etc.
    US small size Federal Reserve Note collector with focus on 1928 to 1950E and main focus on 1934 to 1934D series. $5 to $100 denominations.

kurtisjohnson is my eBay ID

http://www.ebay.com/sch/kurtisjohnson/m.html
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

It is great when a family is all together! and I congratulate you on your accomplishment!