Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What percentage of set completion before registration?

Hello- I recently listed my 1933 Sport Kings and Hank Aaron cards on the PSA Set Registry. Because there are only 48 cards and 53 cards, respectively, needed for completion, I feel that these sets are manageable. On the other hand, I am working on larger sets and have only accumulated small percentage of the sets. My question is at what point is it silly to list a set? If I only have two or three cards in a seven-hundred card set, but have hopes of one day accumulating many more cards in the set? Or is the PSA Registry meant for those who are closer to completion? Thanks, Koby

Comments

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    There are no rules, its up to you. Some people will register a set with only 1 card in hand. Others wait until they have x% complete. Its up to the individual.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I may be the exception, but I'm waiting to list my sets until I can break the top 5.
  • Options
    PlayBallPlayBall Posts: 463 ✭✭✭

I only list sets on the registry when I'm sure that I will not be turning back. I had about 100 graded 1964 Topps cards, but didn't list them on the registry, because I wasn't sure if I was going to continue. Now they are going to other collectors to fill their holes. Saved me time in added and deleting from the registry. However, it comes down to personal preference, and if you don't think it's silly, it's not silly.

Bernie
    Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

<< <i>if you don't think it's silly, it's not silly. >>

Very true. I listed my 65 set with only 1 card. But I was committed to the set, and wanted to use the registry to track my cards. I am around 60-65 cards currently, and will be adding 5% every 6 months or so.

In Bernie's case, 100 cards didn't get registered. In my case, 1 card did.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I listed my set a player set. I dont have many cards but I know I am going to nearly complete the set. I enjoy looking at it from time to time.And I have recieved a few emails from other collectors and made a few contacts from it. BTW the Boggs set is going to be almost cut in half any day now!
    x