Home Precious Metals
Options

JMSI Stamp on a 10oz bar

MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anybody recognize this bar maker? It's a 10oz poured piece.

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of this brand. Where is the fineness and weight markings? Could be a homemade bar. It's easy to buy a letter punch set, a mold, a furnace, and some silver shot.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Sorry. Photobucket was being difficult. Here's the obverse.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that I see the front of the bar it does appear to be a legitimate silver bar. I googled "JMSI Silver Bar" but nothing came up. Anyone know what a mystery bar like this would be worth?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    I'd head over to allengelhard and ask around. Considering JM has been around since 1851... They are Ltd but were they ever just inc.? Johnson Matthey Silver Incorporated.

On their site it lists---- In 1919 acquired Johnson Matthey and Co. Inc. - USA, Johnson Matthey & Co. - Birmingham Branch, Hayden Park Works.

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Johnson Matheney silver ingot is my WAG
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a industrial/dentist type bar. The stamped letters & numbers look modern day 1960's up~is that still modern?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info and speculation.
  • Options
    The stamp on the obverse matches the NCM (Nevada Coin Mart) 10oz bar. Search NCM on ebay to see one. Looks exactly like it except lacking the NCM.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: BlackBeard
    The stamp on the obverse matches the NCM (Nevada Coin Mart) 10oz bar. Search NCM on ebay to see one. Looks exactly like it except lacking the NCM.

You're right. That plus sign set high is identical... as well as the font style, t's just missing the Nevada shaped stamp... interesting.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    comrade jmski make homemade bar, forget k...hahaha.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hah! So that's where that bar went! That was the bar I must've made before I take remedial spelling course.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.