Home Sports Talk

Warriors play the Thunder tomorrow at Oracle. Will history repeat itself..........

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
............ with the Warriors demolishing the Thunder like they recently did to to the Cavs on the road, the Bulls on the road and the Spurs at home?

It will be interesting to see Durant, Westbrook and company play against the Splash Brothers and company.

Since tomorrow's game in Oakland is the night before the Superbowl in Santa Clara I expect to see the front row court side seats at Oracle sell for record high prices and to see those seats occupied by a bunch of millionaires and billionaires and by the gliterati who will either limo in or helicopter in for the game from wherever they are staying for the Superbowl on Sunday.

Comments

• larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: SanctionII
    ............ with the Warriors demolishing the Thunder like they recently did to to the Cavs on the road, the Bulls on the road and the Spurs at home?

It will be interesting to see Durant, Westbrook and company play against the Splash Brothers and company.

Since tomorrow's game in Oakland is the night before the Superbowl in Santa Clara I expect to see the front row court side seats at Oracle sell for record high prices and to see those seats occupied by a bunch of millionaires and billionaires and by the gliterati who will either limo in or helicopter in for the game from wherever they are staying for the Superbowl on Sunday.

Ya, the NBA planned this one for sure! Going to be tons of celebs and athletes there tonight.

I have been saying that I think the Thunder match up well with the Warriors. Ok, well, as well as anybody. Lol. I am expecting a good game.
    WOW. The first 8 minutes I thought I was right that the Thunder could hang with the Dubs. I guess not. 73-59 at the HALF Warriors up. 73! Yikes!
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: larryallen73

I thought I was right

You were.

Edit: As awesome as the Warriors are, if you examine them closer there's a vexing chink in the armor: their proclivity to let off the gas.

They did indeed blow out the Spurs, Cavs and Bulls in convincing fashion. Scoring more points than them looked insuperable. But then a funny thing happened soon after that. They rolled into Philly and played against arguably the worst team the National Basketball Association has seen in many moons. Not surprisingly, the Warriors were up by 24 in the second half. Astonishingly, the game was tied with a few seconds remaining. Harrison Barnes bailed GSW out with a 3 at the buzzer, but it appears as if a precedent had been set.

Last night they summarily ran over the Thunder, threw it in reverse and backed over them to the tune of a 20-point lead in the third quarter. With a little over three minutes left in the game, they were all square. Golden St. hit the gas again and won the game, but if you're a fan of theirs you have to be a little concerned moving forward, especially with the playoffs looming.

I don't care how good you are, if your effort drops down to 70-80% and you turn yourself into a collegiate squad, you can and will lose in the NBA. Even the Philadelphia 76ers can beat NCAA-caliber teams, and the Warriors almost found that out the other night in what would've been one of the biggest upsets in the history of sports.

46-4 and on pace to eclipse the Bulls' mark from 95-96, but those halftime pep talks from Kerr clearly need to be tweaked.
    Originally posted by: galaxy27
    Originally posted by: larryallen73

I thought I was right

You were.

Edit: As awesome as the Warriors are, if you examine them closer there's a vexing chink in the armor: their proclivity to let off the gas.

They did indeed blow out the Spurs, Cavs and Bulls in convincing fashion. Scoring more points than them looked insuperable. But then a funny thing happened soon after that. They rolled into Philly and played against arguably the worst team the National Basketball Association has seen in many moons. Not surprisingly, the Warriors were up by 24 in the second half. Astonishingly, the game was tied with a few seconds remaining. Harrison Barnes bailed GSW out with a 3 at the buzzer, but it appears as if a precedent had been set.

Last night they summarily ran over the Thunder, threw it in reverse and backed over them to the tune of a 20-point lead in the third quarter. With a little over three minutes left in the game, they were all square. Golden St. hit the gas again and won the game, but if you're a fan of theirs you have to be a little concerned moving forward, especially with the playoffs looming.

I don't care how good you are, if your effort drops down to 70-80% and you turn yourself into a collegiate squad, you can and will lose in the NBA. Even the Philadelphia 76ers can beat NCAA-caliber teams, and the Warriors almost found that out the other night in what would've been one of the biggest upsets in the history of sports.

46-4 and on pace to eclipse the Bulls' mark from 95-96, but those halftime pep talks from Kerr clearly need to be tweaked.

I was surprised they let the Thunder back in like that. Glad though as it made a fun 4th quarter! Having said that, the Warriors are really good. I certainly put them up there with the all-time great teams.
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No that my favorite football team has won its third Superbowl, it is time to put the 2015 NFL season behind us and focus on the Golden State Warriors and their quest for their second NBA title in a row.

The Warriors play Houston tomorrow night in Oakland. Hopefully Curry will have gotten over the loss by the Panthers and his buddy Cam Newton in yesterday's game and go out and score 50+.

Go Warriors.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care how good you are, if your effort drops down to 70-80% and you turn yourself into a collegiate squad, you can and will lose in the NBA.

The Lake Show was +1900 today. Anyone get some of that?

Wow, didn't see that coming! I expected a beat down today but I expected the Lakers to be on the receiving end. I didn't watch it so not sure what happened. Crazy.