Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Who's attending the Long Beach show?

I'll be there tomorrow through Saturday. Anyone else going?

Comments

• Options
    I'm going for the three days also.
  • Options
    larry510larry510 Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Great. See you at Carl B's table tomorrow and join us at the Auld Dubliner later.
  • Options
    berylberyl Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    I had planned to go to get some notes certified by PCGS - but they're apparently not allowed to be at the show- interestingly they allow ANACS and NCG coin grading.
  • Options
    Unfortunately Collector's Universe controls the show here and decides who they will allow at the show. Our favorite part of the show was PCGS and their onsite grading.
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Bombara wasn't in Tampa, is he going to LB?

Originally posted by: larry510
    Great. See you at Carl B's table tomorrow and join us at the Auld Dubliner later.

• Options
    I assumed he was since he's been at every other show here the past 5 or 6 years. But I won't know for sure until I get to the show. On way now.
  • Options
    Carl did not make it this time. His table sign was there as usual but I was told he cancelled out. Family emergency or something.

My first pick from the show today:

• Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

Great signatures!

• Options
    Yeah that factored into my decision to buy and it was a great price. I love 1902 nationals in PPQ/EPQ grades.
  • Options
    Got this back from PMG today:

• Options
    rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    If it makes any difference I saw Jason sitting at his booth at the Berlin show this weekend. This is a very interesting show. It has a whole show room of almost only national mints and printers. Also ingot producers, metal wholesalers - it's a bit of an odd bourse, complete with booth girls and even a booth operated by the National Bank of the DPRK! They were very nice. I didn't tell them I was an American. image
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Robert, was there much paper money there? Sounds like a metal show.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    Yes, PCGS Currency is here in Berlin, Germany this weekend at the World Money Fair '16...grading on-site and having a terrific show! For those of you who want one, we made some special sample notes for this show...PM me and I can reserve one of the handful that I've put aside for those of you who collect them.
    Jason W. Bradford
    President, PCGS Currency
    jbradford@pcgscurrency.com

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    One of these days I'm going to make it to a Long Beach show.
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Good on you Jason, have a great show!

At the Tampa PCGS luncheon the speaker commented how currency popularity is on par with coins out side of the USA
  • Options
    rbethearbethea Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: synchr
    Good on you Jason, have a great show!

At the Tampa PCGS luncheon the speaker commented how currency popularity is on par with coins out side of the USA

I maybe wouldn't go quite that far, but world paper is more popular, for obvious reasons. I actually don't think it's so different from the US paper market in the U.S. Just my 2 cents.

Jim - yes, there were paper dealers there. I got a few nice notes I'll maybe post later, but the truth of the matter is that any of the paper dealers who came here all said they'd also be at Maastricht so it doesn't make sense to drive all this way next year to see the same lot of people two months later. I think there was only 1 local paper dealer here that I don't think I've seen at Maastricht. So I doubt I'll go back to the Berlin show.
    Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx