Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Post-Ancient Newp

I rarely deal anything with ancients as I have almost no knowledge with them. But I saw this piece and decided to buy it. I hadn't bought anything for a while.

I believe its a 1252-1268 Silver Grosso 20.2mm 2.06g bearing Doge (governor) Zeno with St. Mark on the obverse and Christ seated on a throne on the reverse.

It looked like it had good detail and minimal wear from what I can tell.

Any thoughts or comments are welcomed since this is a new side of my coin collecting.

Comments

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool coin, but I wouldn't classify it as "ancient"...
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool and I like them as I see Star Wars characters when I glance at them. The only issue with hammer struck coinage is when trying to photograph it's so thin it's hard to pick up and turn over. Definitely struck for a time period when folks didn't cut their finger nails.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.