Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone submit currents (2000s) to PSA

Does anyone on this forum submit currents to PSA for grading? I'm trying to assemble a Topps Cincinnati Reds collection and most of the recent years either have 0-2 slabbed. If you submit, what's your success rate? It looks like most current issues have a 70% PSA 10 success rate. Also, do you have better luck with vending (90s or earlier), regular or jumbo boxes... or buying them as singles?
WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Comments

• Options
    rjcoy06rjcoy06 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭
    I have submitted new cards to PSA and almost always get 9's or 10's. I have had a couple of the thicker patch cards come back an 7 or 8. I'm pretty picky about what I send in, but when some cards are 1/1 or 1/5, I take the occasional 7 or 8.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I send in a few Alex Gordon cards. Some Hosmers'. Fairly easy to get 10's on newer cards.

I usually buy singles from a dealer like Burbank sportscards on ebay.
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    All the time
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: PMKAY
    All the time

Have you noticed one source providing better results? Sealed factory sets, vending boxes, hobby boxes, HTA boxes, retail boxes, etc.?
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    I only buy hobby boxes of modern hockey / football / wrestling.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Darin

Fairly easy to get 10's on newer cards. I usually buy singles from a dealer like Burbank sportscards on ebay.

Are the cards listed as mint or nm/mt? Ive bought NM/MT from BS and they come back like that or over-graded. I bought 300 different Buehrle cards (2000-2014) from them and about 40% were over-graded. All the cards I see on their auctions are NM/MT and they wont send scans. Not buying from them again.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skrezyna- I haven't bought nearly as many cards from them as you have, so you may have a better idea about Burbank sportscards than I do.

What I have done with decent luck is, say I want a 2010 topps Alex Gordon, I'll buy three of them from BS and then submit the best one or two.

I've usually found that at least one is submittable, and my goal is at least to get a PSA 9, and had pretty good luck getting some 10's.

I've got some cards I bought from them at PSA now, so I guess I'll see how they do.

I think they're always advertised as NM/MT, which would put them in PSA 8-10 range, so I actually have been pretty happy with the cards I've bought from them.
  • Options
    I won't buy from Burbank or any other seller that uses stock photos. Whether or not I'm having the card graded, I still want to know see the card I'm buying before I buy it.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I have noticed that 2003 Topps is very hard to find 10's on. I tried a few times with Griffey and it's going to be costly

if you are doing a 10 graded team set.
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Originally posted by: llafoe

Does anyone on this forum submit currents to PSA for grading? I'm trying to assemble a Topps Cincinnati Reds collection and most of the recent years either have 0-2 slabbed. If you submit, what's your success rate? It looks like most current issues have a 70% PSA 10 success rate. Also, do you have better luck with vending (90s or earlier), regular or jumbo boxes... or buying them as singles?

YES: http://forums.collectors.com/m...11&threadid=957903