Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ebay Free Listings Promotion Question

I have a question for anyone who sells reguarly on eBay. For about almost the past two years, I would get an offer a month with some type for free listing promotion. This November I did not get one but then received one again in December. This January, I failed to receive one again. I know a few other people who sell on eBay and they were continuing to get them when I was not.

I called eBay to ask about this and was advised that this is a random process and sellers are chosen by chance. I was then told that my account would be forwarded to the promotions department for review. To me, by stating that, it takes any randomness out of the equation as it sounded as if they were telling me next month you will be fine because I called to question this.

I don't do enough volume on here to quit my day job but I do ok and have a basic store subscription. The other sellers that were getting the promotions still when I was not, do not have stores and do not do anywhere near the same volume.

I was just wondering if anyone else is getting these free listings promotions sporadically and if you have a store or not. I just cannot imagine that the selection is actually random because I cannot believe a company is going to leave their ability to make profit to chance.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    My seller account is pretty much flawless and I haven't had any recently either so you're not alone there
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    A couple years ago I would get minimum 3000 free listings per month. It was a bit of a pain because they wouldn't include the listings that automatically roll over every 30 days. I had to end and relist to get the free listings. At some point they put in a "does not include relistings" rule. That rules seems to be gone now. I still get some free listings every month. December was 3000, January was 1000. Listings that roll over every 30 days are now included. I usually have 12-15k listings at any given time. I say that because I'm not sure it's completely random, I think it has to do with how many listings you have plus your top seller / dashboard status.
  • Options
    i dont have a store. But i seldom list around 10 things at a time. being that its baseball, football, or nascar.

I typically would get these 'FREE LISTINGS' and use them. I too, did NOT get any 'freebies' this past month. I only noticed this when i tried to re-list some items and it would post a fee. So i looked at the bottom of my seller page to see how many 'free' listings i had remaing and if there was any open offer promotions. Nope, Nadda Nothing.
    Collecting RC's (mostly 40-60's)
  • Options
    WFC2008WFC2008 Posts: 96 ✭✭
    Thanks for your replies. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    tyweb1tyweb1 Posts: 528 ✭✭
    I have an ebay basic store and I usually get at least 2 free listing emails per month.