Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just received a Cardinals card that I have been trying to find for over 7 years....a rare Topps test

I have been searching for this card for well over 7 years (off an on for over 13 years). There has been one on Ebay (a PSA 8) for a long time, but it is ridiculously priced (double). Anyway, a set was broken down this past week. I bid aggresively and won. Just got it today.

Ladies and gentlemen, a 1972 Topps Candy Lid Lou Brock test issue. That completes my 1972 Topps Candy Lid team set. I have the Bob Gibson and the Joe Torre as well.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    congrats! love it when you track down a toughie. recently snagged 2 Yaz Venz cards I had been searching for for 7 years
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice... Congrats on the pickup even if it's a Cardinal. Go Bucs!!
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always feels great when you track down that tough card congrats

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    That's awesome! Would love to see the Gibby and Torre too!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WOW! Congrats Shane. Enjoy the card.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Wow, patience paid off.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Very tough issue, congrats Shane
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Wow, in the final 6 seconds of the auction the card goes from $86 to $682. Amazing.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ZTarg
    Wow, in the final 6 seconds of the auction the card goes from $86 to $682. Amazing.

I wouldn't call it amazing from my vantage point.... I would call it depressing. I was hoping for less than $300. Oh well, still excited about getting it.

Shane

• Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, Shane! I'm glad I wasn't the one who pushed you over $600.
  • Options
    lseeconlseecon Posts: 318 ✭✭
    Very Nice Brock. I was outbid on the ones I was interested in, like the Carlton and Rose. I was hoping they would go under the radar as I dont recall seeing a group of that many ever. Those are pretty tough cards. They garnered some strong prices. I also like the 1973 candy lids set as a somewhat tough Topps 1970s oddball set, but the 1972 test set is pretty scarce. Now regretting I didnt bid higher on some of these.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is what I didn't want.....regrets. I would have regretted it if I had bid too high. And I would have regretted it if I had not been aggressive enough. As it stands now, NO regrets. My luck....A Buy It Now will pop up for $200 this week!

Shane