Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone know if BBCE would do this?

If I had a bunch of PSA 5 to PSA 7 slabbed 1975 Topps unopened packs and an empty box, could I send them to BBCE and get a box put together and sealed?
Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"

Comments

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    crack them out , fill the box, and send it to them. I don't recall reading anywhere that when they wrap a box, they are certifying that ll of the packs came from that box. they are just certifying that all the packs are legit
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA 7 75 cellos sell for about $140 on ebay. The cost of authenticating the box and paying for shipping both ways to BBCE would negate any potential upside, if you were thinking of selling the box. I would just keep the packs the way they are or sell them individually to finance the purchase of a full box of minty packs if you are looking for one.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    and this is why FASC commends the premium that it should
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: flatfoot816

and this is why FASC commends the premium that it should

True, but unlike 75 mini wax, finding a sealed case of 75 cellos (or wax) is going to be a tall task. For wax, even finding a single box is very difficult. I do recall that Fritsch sold a 75 cello case a couple of years ago~IIRC that per box price was closer to $4,500, which seemed high at the time, but worth it in my estimation, for a case that scarce. I wonder if that case is still intact. That is one I'd keep sealed, if I had the resources to even acquire it, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    jsanzjsanz Posts: 250 ✭✭
    That is a tough one. On the one hand it would be great to have a full box but it is also great to have all of them in PSA holders. I would lean towards keeping them in the holders. I think being in those secure holders adds piece of mind to a buyer. I'm not sure if there is enough up side in cracking and making a box out of them. If they are minis or cellos I would not do it because of the supply of full boxes still out there. I am always adding to my 1975 Topps BB regular cello stash a few packs at a time. I think they will always increase in value as long as Fritsch never dumps too much on the market at once.
    Love those 70's - early 80's packs and boxes...send me a message if you are selling because I am buying
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the dilemma, but I doubt Steve would even do it unless you were there in person to crack them out of the holders yourself. Besides the liability, it'd be a lot of work to crack out 24 to 36 packs. I'd personally prefer to keep them slabbed, but understand the appeal of a full box in "original" form.