Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Seeking feedback from those who took ANA beginning and intermediate grading class

alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭
Which class did you find more useful. I am thinking of taking 1 of the classes and am torn which to take. As mentioned in an earlier post, I am a 61 year old and have been actively dealing in coins since I have been a teenager. I have been advised that the beginner class is more informative and useful and the intermediate class you view more coins.

Also how is the coin show between the classes, I am thinking a getting a table there

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Gary

Comments

• Options
    EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This past August, I attended summer seminar and took the advanced course. During lunch and dinner, I spoke with folks that took the beginner and intermediate course. I highly recommend all the course at summer seminar. I don't think I heard 1 bad word about the instructors nor the classes. We stayed at a bed & breakfast near by and it was great. I wouldn't recommend the dorms expect if you are a kid. The grading courses are all quite interesting and you view alot of coins adn learn alot.
    Easton Collection
  • Options
    alohagaryalohagary Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭✭
    Easton Collection did you take the beginner or intermediate grading class before taking the advance class. If you were me would you take the beginner or intermediate class.

Did you attend the coin show that was occurring at the same time
  • Options
    I would recommend not skipping the beginner course. I have taken all three levels including intermediate grading twice and all are superb. The beginner course is not a walk in the park and no matter what your skill level I guarantee you will learn a lot.

Dozens of BST deals completed, including: kalshacon, cucamongacoin, blu62vette, natetrook, JGNumismatics, Coinshowman, DollarAfterDollar, timbuk3, jimdimmick & many more

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file