Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hibler-Kappen SCD Catalog question

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
My copy of the SCD illustrated standard catalog is of the 2nd edition and my price supplement guide is dated 2008. Is there an newer updated price supplement? I have noticed quite a price increase above the listed values in the 2008 price supplement according to PCGS's Auction prices.( http://www.pcgs.com/auctionprices/category.aspx?c=1008 )

I read a lot regarding how low the value has dropped for these items, yet when it is graded by one of the big two, it seems to be garnering an increase in sales prices. Any input into these items. I sold a Pedley Ryan hk827 in MS61 some years ago at auction and it only realized less than $100. Now it is listed as an R6 at quite a premium. Rats. Is there a newer issue of this catalog or at least a later price supplement than 2008.

Thanks

Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the major TPG's began authenticating and grading SoCalled Dollars after the revised Hibler-Kappen was published, the market for SCD's in general was bolstered, and became so much stronger for R-5 or better issues such that the price supplement that was included with the revised H-K catalog has become mostly irrelevant. Tracking auction prices realized from the big box auction houses, as well as PCAC(Joe Levine), eBay and Jeff Shevlin are better indicators of market value today. There is no easy, centralized source of accurate pricing for the better material.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file