Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

**Forum Giveaway** My 6,000th Post Giveaway Contest! Good Luck and Have Fun!

In honor of my 6000th post, I’d like to offer the forum a chance to win a special two dollar bill graded by PCGS Currency.

Determining the winner is easy, the manner in reaching the winner may not be so easy. Back on November 15th, 2015 (yes, I have been planning this for a while) I generated a number from random.org. It was a true random number generator and the criteria I entered was for it to provide me a random number with a minimum of 1 and maximum of 10,000. I saved the number it provided and can post the picture to verify when needed.

You are not guessing the number so read this carefully……the contest is to be the reply on this thread that matches the number. In other words, the username whose post to the thread matches the number….then congratulations you won!

You can view the "Replies" count for this thread by looking at the main U.S. & World Currency Forum page.

Only I know the number. This is the contest.

But here are some rules / guidelines for your post content in the replies:

1. All content must be appropriate and not offensive. We all know what is appropriate or not. However, if you need a reminder then ask your Mom or a find a 80 year old woman at Walgreens and ask or show her first to gauge the reaction.

2. The content of your post can be off topic. Collectible related is great and it can be loose. Pictures or words are fine and we can have a conversation and the like.

3. You cannot post twice in a row. In other words, you can post as many times as you like but it has to be after another person.

Mix it up people and have a fun!

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on 6000 posts Michael !

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    OMG we have a winner (no I am kidding, sorry) Thanks buddy! That is one of my favorites that you have.
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    OK, my guess this time is 4839 even though it does not end with 61.

Michael, you didn't mention when the contest is over.!?

Congrats on 6000!!!!

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Jim61

OK, my guess this time is 4839 even though it does not end with 61.

Michael, you didn't mention when the contest is over.!?

Congrats on 6000!!!!

It is not a guess contest! Your reply in this thread must match the number that was selected. I have that number saved and it is a secret. You are reply #3...and did not win. Sorry, please try again.

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to #7000.......here's one in your wheelhouse...

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    Sorry Michael, I misread it. My bad!

This should be better:

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on #6,000! You should have gone to the Tampa show. I know you would have a great time!

My guess is 7932. image
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    I know Cliff but that is a long flight from the west coast!
  • Options
    Also Cliff, reread the contest instructions and keep posting until you win (or someone before you).
  • Options
    Hey Michael, You may win your own give away if you have to keep posting corrective posts to guys like me.

Jim61

• Options
    Lol. I think we will need quite a few posts to this thread though so no worries.
  • Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    I
  • Options
    want
  • Options
    to
  • Options
    congratulate
  • Options
    congratulate
  • Options
    you!
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the 6,000 posts!

Here is a 66 to celibrate!

I guess, 5466... JK
  • Options
    deli, you cannot post 2 in-a-row. Must be separated by another post.

Jim61

• Options
    rats! I guess it's important to read the directions. Probably a good thing, for if I kept going I'd need to start my own 4.000 post giveaway! Payback...
  • Options
    Well you can keep posting all you want though as long as it is not back to back.

Who do all want for the Super Bowl? I am just happy no Pats!
  • Options
    I didn't read it correctly the first time either!

Tiger, no guessing - see my first post and Michael's response.

Jim61

• Options
    I simplified and clarified the rules. Basically post away!
  • Options
    I'm off to Vegas in the morning. Anyone want to suggest some bets? How about currency shops?
  • Options
    MAM0912MAM0912 Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations on 6000!
    Marty

US Obsoletes esp NJ, WEB Notes,

National Iron Bank of Morristown (#1113) and Irish Currency
  • Options
    That's cool and a really nice giveaway prize.....
    Come and see a forgotten piece of history.....

http://www.depressionscrip.com

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options

I didn't read it correctly the first time either!

Tiger, no guessing - see my first post and Michael's response.

I was just messing around... It looks like most of the first page is going to be disqualified anyways... Lol
  • Options
    Sure hope your random number wasn't 6000 something... we could be here awhile.....

Always looking for more depression scrip -- PM me if you have any for sale or trade
  • Options

So is Photobucket down? all the pictures are missing on the post except for some...
  • Options
    Originally posted by: TigerTrader

So is Photobucket down? all the pictures are missing on the post except for some...

I noticed the same thing this morning.

Jim61

• Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Michael!

• Options

Originally posted by: TigerTrader

I noticed the same thing this morning.

I checked their website and it says down for maintenance...

Really cute video of a cat hanging off the side of the bed with the message: "Hang in there we are down for maintenance" LOL

Hey Deli, if you want a good laugh go in the Pawn Stars store and look at their currency prices! I have never had much luck finding good stuff in Vegas but I am usually preoccupied while there...

• Options
    Yes, it appears down and will be back up.

BTW, a couple of you need to banter back and forth to get some posts on this thread. I suggest some teams of two be set up!
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Blake and Cliff would make a great TWO TAWL team. Just my opinion...
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Omega

Blake and Cliff would make a great TWO TAWL team. Just my opinion...

Ok great. They are Team Squatch.

• Options
    oklahomadannyoklahomadanny Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    OK, this post would confuse a quantum physicist. image Am I correct that if the secret number is 7,777 the winner will be the lucky one who posts the 7,777th post? image We may be here awhile.
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    Originally posted by: oklahomadanny

OK, this post would confuse a quantum physicist. image Am I correct that if the secret number is 7,777 the winner will be the lucky one who posts the 7,777th post? image We may be here awhile.

You are correct sir.

• Options
    Originally posted by: Constantine

You are correct sir.

When do I get my PhD? image

Edit: They just took it back. image

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    Marco....

• Options
    So, should I check back on Christmas 2018 and see if we've had a winner? This thread could live longer than the one about posting notes from 1 to 99999999. image
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    POLO!
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    I'm relatively healthy and not terribly old. So I have time.
  • Options

HA, I don't!!!

Jim61

• Options

Well I'm 67 and don't think I'll match my dad's 98. image

If nothing else I'm adding to the post count.

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    Posting from the Las Vegas runway...
  • Options
    KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Michael,

Will you be at PCDA? Central States? Memphis?

• Options
    Perhaps Memphis
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

You are correct sir.

When do I get my Phd? image

Speaking of the NFL, can you get your PhD with CTE? It's a sad point of contention that concussions were up this year in the sport we love to watch. However in some good Brain news, offensive lineman John Urschel is planning to earn his PhD at MIT in mathematics. He earned his bachelor's degree from Pen State in 3 years, worked on his Master's his senior year while being paid by Penn State to teach Integral Vector Calculus Trigonometry.

So there you have it athletes, all you have to do to circumvent the NCAA rule of athletes being paid is 1. Take a super heavy course load and graduate in 3 years.

2. Enroll in a master's program your senior year and apply for a part time staff position so you can be paid by the university while still having your college eligibilty.

See only two steps, piece of cake.

Or you can take option two and enroll at 1 of the 53 universities that have an undisclosed off campus financial aid work program like LSU, Miami, Memphis, USC, ASU, FSU, etc.

So athletes, how do you know if your prospective school has one of these off campus financial aid work programs? I mean how could know if it's not in the University literature and not posted on any sign on campus anywhere? It's not like you can ask the coach without getting one of those are you stupid stares. So what is an athlete to do? Go to the parking lot and check out the ride of all the upperclassman players, if the cars look cool, congratulations, you have found a school that has an undisclosed off campus financial aid work program.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    Originally posted by: TennisCoach

You are correct sir.

When do I get my Phd? image

Speaking of the NFL, can you get your PhD with CTE? It's a sad point of contention that concussions were up this year in the sport we love to watch. However in some good Brain news, offensive lineman John Urschel is planning to earn his PhD at MIT in mathematics. He earned his bachelor's degree from Pen State in 3 years, worked on his Master's his senior year while being paid by Penn State to teach Integral Vector Calculus Trigonometry.

So there you have it athletes, all you have to do to circumvent the NCAA rule of athletes being paid is 1. Take a super heavy course load and graduate in 3 years.

2. Enroll in a master's program your senior year and apply for a part time staff position so you can be paid by the university while still having your college eligibilty.

See only two steps, piece of cake.

Or you can take option two and enroll at 1 of the 53 universities that have an undisclosed off campus financial aid work program like LSU, Miami, Memphis, USC, ASU, FSU, etc.

So athletes, how do you know if your prospective school has one of these off campus financial aid work programs? I mean how could know if it's not in the University literature and not posted on any sign on campus anywhere? It's not like you can ask the coach without getting one of those are you stupid stares. So what is an athlete to do? Go to the parking lot and check out the ride of all the upperclassman players, if the cars look cool, congratulations, you have found a school that has an undisclosed off campus financial aid work program.

Huh??? image

Can I cheat and change my previous posts Phd to PhD? Guess they're going to take mine back.image

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    So you're tellin me there's a chance
    Looking for Nationals, specifically Fort Dearborn, Chicago IL. Charter Number 3698