Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay news and has anyone found success selling cards or autos on amazon?

Appears ebay is having a hard time these days http://www.foxbusiness.com/mar...op-in-seven-years.html

Curious to know if anyone on the board is active selling on Amazon? Have you achieved any success? recommendations? I put in a request back in Dec for approval. I got a call from an Amazon rep to discuss the matter, but then I just let my request die. Wondering if I should restart the process, depending upon how strong the market is there.

Comments

• Options
    Not entirely certain here, but there's some whispers going around that eBay is now being run by Jabba The Hutt.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the easiest way to sell on Amazon is the cross-listing option from COMC. I looked at it when it was first offered, but the fees were even worse than eBay. At least 20% IIRC.
  • Options
    Why would eBay's stock price worry a seller? They aren't going out of business. It's still the cheapest and easiest way to sell the items that all of us here are interested in.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    You might want to check blowout. They are accusing you of running up your auctions. Just a heads up. It may not even be you but thought you would want a heads up in case.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭
    I sell on Amazon and I love it. It's not that easy of a task though if you don't want Amazon to fulfill your orders. Take 3 weeks to get approved. They really only want good sellers.
    Always looking for vintage wax boxes!
  • Options
    SdubSdub Posts: 736 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Meatloaf

Appears ebay is having a hard time these days http://www.foxbusiness.com/mar...op-in-seven-years.html

Curious to know if anyone on the board is active selling on Amazon? Have you achieved any success? recommendations? I put in a request back in Dec for approval. I got a call from an Amazon rep to discuss the matter, but then I just let my request die. Wondering if I should restart the process, depending upon how strong the market is there.

Coming soon, charging for overpriced BINS that clog the system. I like e-bay and it's my preferred online bidding site, but some of this crap has got to go. Searches are turning into a treasure troove of trollers looking for bidiots. The best way to clean it up is charge higher fees to the sellers that over-price their product.

Collecting PSA 9's from 1970-1977. Raw 9's from 72-77. Raw 10's from '78-'83.
    Collecting Unopened from '72-'83; mostly BBCE certified boxes/cases/racks.
    Prefer to buy in bulk.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Allowing ebay to determine if an item is "overpriced" is pretty ridiculous. Not trying to start a debate, but exactly how would ebay determine the value of an item? A good example of this is the "maximum" shipping charge they have in certain categories. A good example is some of the magazine listings that cap the shipping at $6, when some magazines actually are thicker, especially the old ones, which when shipping cross-country cost almost $9 to ship since they are over the first class weight limit.

I dont really want ebay telling me my PSA 10 common is only worth $5 when it could sell for $300 or more if it was low pop
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Originally posted by: mtcards

Allowing ebay to determine if an item is "overpriced" is pretty ridiculous. Not trying to start a debate, but exactly how would ebay determine the value of an item? A good example of this is the "maximum" shipping charge they have in certain categories. A good example is some of the magazine listings that cap the shipping at $6, when some magazines actually are thicker, especially the old ones, which when shipping cross-country cost almost $9 to ship since they are over the first class weight limit.

I dont really want ebay telling me my PSA 10 common is only worth $5 when it could sell for $300 or more if it was low pop

+1

• Options
    kencopekencope Posts: 416 ✭✭
    I have had good success with selling on Amazon at MUCH higher prices than eBay. Biggest issue for me has been synching my inventory between the two.