Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone looking for love?

I received an interesting message from an eBay member overnight:

I am a single lady from Carmel, Ca. I can not seem to meet anyone interested in coins here. We don;t have many expos but in SF. If you know of a nice gentleman in between 58-70. I am a young looking 51. Please connect with a good person who loves beautiful coins and the history behind them. Thanks

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can pass along your contact info image

-Paul
Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Living in Carmel she could have a lot of coin herself!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: commoncents05

I received an interesting message from an eBay member overnight:

If you know of a nice gentleman in between 58-70

-Paul

Oh, she's looking for a coin boy toy considering our demographic

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of a sign at a local jewelry shop here. "We buy gold silver and coins. J.... Loves you. " What they really mean is J.... Loves your gold silver and coins.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just found her profile picture, appears way older than 51 and not so young looking:

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    scam, I know you know this!
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a photo! imageimage

Seriously has she bought from you... If so what does she collect?
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    Ask her to send pictures of her coins ...

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the results, if this thread had a hit counter. image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all the wrong places..
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's likely looking for a 'sugar daddy'!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    Gotta check with Stealer to see if he's still looking for a sugar momma to get him through his college years. Although I think he was still looking for older. image
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carmel by deceit?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: CaptHenway
    Carmel by deceit?

Tom

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds a little "Play Misty for Me-ish"
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She should try the "Sergeant Pepper's" coin club.

this thread has potential. . .

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    reminds me : I got two customers that are dying to be my next wife. its not me, its the money they think I have from dealing gold / coins
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Oooh. Tell me again about your coins and where you keep them, baby."
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's funny, so I'm going to reserve any comments due to my sick sense of humor.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wonder if she likes quarters? image
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that she sends this message to a coin seller listed in Michigan which is a little bit of a drive to CA.

I also find it funny considering the fact that Mr Commoncents05 is apx half her age.

Dear Madam,

I was truly happy to receive your message describing your love of US coins and their history behind them.
    I too have been searching for a woman of similar descriptions for some time after my late wife passed away 10 years ago.
    We used to take yearly cruises and spend months traveling and enjoying the finer things in life. We would stay at our home in France for weeks at a time searching for coins and just enjoying the scenery. She also used to love being at sea and we would take our boat out and dive looking for sunken ships and treasure. We actually found quite a hoard of coins back in 1996 when we dove with the Odyssey expedition but that story is for another time. Alas, the good lord took her from this world way too early and life is just not the same.

Enough about that though. I am still a young at heart and body 72 year old who loves to have a good time and enjoy history and coins.
    Too bad you dont live on this side of town and are not looking for someone over 70...

I actually will be attending the Long Beach,CA show next week- perhaps we can meet and go out for dinner and talk coins!

regards
    commoncents05
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: joebb21

Interesting that she sends this message to a coin seller listed in Michigan which is a little bit of a drive to CA.

I also find it funny considering the fact that Mr Commoncents05 is apx half her age.

Dear Madam,

I was truly happy to receive your message describing your love of US coins and their history behind them.

I too have been searching for a woman of similar descriptions for some time after my late wife passed away 10 years ago.

We used to take yearly cruises and spend months traveling and enjoying the finer things in life. We would stay at our home in France for weeks at a time searching for coins and just enjoying the scenery. She also used to love being at sea and we would take our boat out and dive looking for sunken ships and treasure. We actually found quite a hoard of coins back in 1996 when we dove with the Odyssey expedition but that story is for another time. Alas, the good lord took her from this world way too early and life is just not the same.

Enough about that though. I am still a young at heart and body 72 year old who loves to have a good time and enjoy history and coins.

Too bad you dont live on this side of town and are not looking for someone over 70...

I actually will be attending the Long Beach,CA show next week- perhaps we can meet and go out for dinner and talk coins!

regards

commoncents05

Oh yeah, she'd be all over that. LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file