Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

4 days left, raffle benefitting the Ellis County Children's Advocacy Center, chance 2 win $10,000 VI

(I ran this by the mod before posting, thanks)

Good morning,

Those of you that know me, know that my charitable interests lie with the Ellis County Children's Advocacy Center inc. dba The Gingerbread House. I was one of the founding board members back in 1999, and I still serve on the board and on the Executive Board as their volunteer Treasurer. If you are unfamiliar with what they do, this video will explain it (my daughter is the young lady in the video, and I'm the judge towards the end):

Video of what the Center does

Our annual fundraiser is coming up in February, and part of that is a raffle with a chance to win a $10,000 VISA gift card. We are only selling up to 300 tickets (and realistically, sales are not going as well as we hoped, so we might only get up to 150 or 200 tickets sold, but we hope to sell all 300 by then). Each ticket is $100 and you DO NOT have to be present to win. We will hold the raffle on the night of February 20 about 10 PM CST and will do the drawing at our Chili Cook Off and Barn Dance here in Waxahachie.

I hope a few of you will consider buying a ticket to support the Center. I have about 20 left to sell myself and can get more if needed.

If you are local to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and want to come out to the event, just PM me for details.

I prefer checks made out directly to the Center for ticket sales, but I'm willing to let you paypal me as well. I can fill out the tickets for you and send you the stub in both cases.

Thanks for your support,

Mike
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

Clarification: The ticket say donations are tax deductible, but it is referrring to donations above and beyond the value of the raffle ticket. The Center didn't word it real well. The Center is a 501 (c)3 but the IRS does not consider the purchase of a raffle ticket to be a donation.

Mike
  • Options
    Bump for the weekend crew.

Mike
  • Options
    Drawing in 6 days. Still time to get your ticket
  • Options
    Still time to make the drawing. 4 days left. You can use this link to pay the Center directly, and once you pay, PM me and I'll fill out a stub for the drawing for you and send you the pic.

THANKS TO THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE PURCHASED A TICKET SO FAR!!

LInk for Center's Paypal
  • Options
    I am interested in one, what do I do?
    Send to you or through the website? Which do you prefer?
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Yanksfan1976
    I am interested in one, what do I do?
    Send to you or through the website? Which do you prefer?

You can use this link to pay the Center directly (use the one for general donation), and once you pay, PM me and I'll fill out a stub for the drawing for you and send you the pic.

THANKS!!

http://elliscountygingerbreadhouse.org/donate/
  • Options
    PM sent