Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

What Does Six Months of Circulation Look Like?

In searching straps, occasionally I'll get a note that I had recorded previously. I make a point of withdrawing and depositing at different banks to minimize the chances that I'll get the same notes back. When it does happen, it's usually within a few months time or less.

On July 23 2015, I received 13 consecutive CU notes in a mix of circulated $10s from a local credit union, serials MG 15146401 A through MG 15146413 A. Six months later, on January 22 2016, I received one of those notes back from a bank 135 miles away.

I thought getting the same note back at that distance was pretty amazing in itself. I know I didn't spend it in that town, although I can't rule out that I spent it in an adjacent county. Usually I just redeposit locally and don't tend to spend my searches. In any case, I thought it was really cool that I received the note back half a year later. Here are some images of the note now, six months removed from CU condition. I'd grade it VF.

Comments

• Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Interesting how fast a note can go from brand new to mid grade.
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    Yes, that is a fascinating study. Thanks for sharing.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭

I wonder how many times that may have happened to others without them even realizing it... Seems like a coincidence but maybe you are just supposed to keep that in your wallet! LOL

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting