Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone use 000 Bubble Mailers for Graded Cards?

Bought a pack of 25 for $3-something shipped to try them out. They came in today and it just seems like not much there for protection. I plan to cut some cardboard to insert. Anyone use this size for graded cards? Success? Failures? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    I don't know what size those are. I have used the 0 and it has been fine. I think they are 6"x9". I have used as small as 5"x7" with no problems. I usually double or triple the cardboard though.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Outer dimensions are 4X7 and a graded card fits perfectly inside.
  • ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    I would just double up the cardboard. I have done test mailings before. Send something to a family member or friend of no real value...graded cards you get in a lot that are worthless - 1989 Topps cards come to mind, especially if they are graded below a 10. If you're using a new brand of mailers--or wrapping--send one to them and have them report how it arrived. Of course it will never be the same every time, but it is one way to test out on something that doesn't cost you too much. Send it first class and it will set you back $2 or so.
  • PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭
    Shipped 100s of graded cards in them and never an issue.
  • I also use them for single graded cards and have had 0 complaints or issues.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Same here Patrick ... no problem at all. Been using them for YEARS. Insert inside some thin cardboard and you should be just fine.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    I use the 6x9 mailers, put the card where the long side of slab is parallel to the bottom of the envelope, then fold mailer so it double protects the card. Works great for up to 3 graded cards in one padded mailer.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I've used many regular non-padded Manila envelopes with the card(s) sandwiched between cardboard and if I'm feeling really crazy I'll wrap in bubble paper, never had a problem. Can't imagine you'd have too many issues with 000.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys!!
  • If you are becoming a serious seller, look for the 500-count boxes of the #000 mailers. Helps to cut down on your operating expenses by buying in bulk.
  • mb2005mb2005 Posts: 165 ✭✭
    I have received cards in the mail in bubble mailers (+cardboard) a couple times that were damaged. When I ship, I like these for sending single graded cards:

http://www.uline.com/Product/D...ilers-5-5-8-x-5-x-7-16

Only 34 cents each for a box that will protect the card much better than a bubble mailer.