Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Any PCGS currency specials at upcoming shows? Been getting PCGS Coins specials emails

I'm also registered to receieve PCGS coin emails and I've been getting several interesting emakils on specials regarding $10 crossovers at Long Beach, special holder labels for that show, on sight grading, etc.

Is PCGS currency considering anything similar?

I noticed at Tampa that the PCGS presentation had no currency topics, but was all coins...

Comments

• Options
    i've never heard of PCGS coins image
  • Options
    PCGS Currency is not affiliated with PCGS coins, so we wouldn't have been a part of the PCGS coins presentation at Tampa. We also will not be attending the Long Beach show, as Collectors Universe (the parent company of PCGS coins and the owner of the Long Beach show) is blocking us from having a table. Instead, we are attending the Berlin show next week and will be offering on-site grading specials there. We will continue to post show updates and show specials here (at least as long as we are able), and we will update our website with this information as well.
    Jason W. Bradford
    President, PCGS Currency
    jbradford@pcgscurrency.com

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.

I'm only over there selling off stuff to buy currency and thought it might be same
  • Options
    oklahomadannyoklahomadanny Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jwbradford

PCGS Currency is not affiliated with PCGS coins, so we wouldn't have been a part of the PCGS coins presentation at Tampa. We also will not be attending the Long Beach show, as Collectors Universe (the parent company of PCGS coins and the owner of the Long Beach show) is blocking us from having a table. Edit; I bolded part of the above for emphasis.

Well that is total image. I assume "their" so called grading service will be there deceiving/catching unsuspecting customers in their snare.

Long Beach is considered a major show, they should not be allowed to dictate who (especially an industry leader) is not allowed to participate without just cause. I would hazard a guess that Lyn Knight would be 'tarred & feathered' if he tried something like that at FUN or Memphis.
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: jwbradford

PCGS Currency is not affiliated with PCGS coins, so we wouldn't have been a part of the PCGS coins presentation at Tampa. We also will not be attending the Long Beach show, as Collectors Universe (the parent company of PCGS coins and the owner of the Long Beach show) is blocking us from having a table. Instead, we are attending the Berlin show next week and will be offering on-site grading specials there. We will continue to post show updates and show specials here (at least as long as we are able), and we will update our website with this information as well.

Well maybe our time here should come to an end...

If you build it, I will come...

• Options
    +1
  • Options
    Jim61Jim61 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    +2!!! I have thought of that for awhile now.

Jim61

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16566561 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps and TheRock!

Looking for $1 CU FRN radar 16977961.

Looking for $1 CU FRN 99999961 - NOT ANY MORE, THANK YOU delistamps!

Looking for $50 FRN 00000061
  • Options
    KT5SilverKT5Silver Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    I follow PCGS Currency but I am loyal to Jason, Laura and team (people not a company name). I am extremely disappointed in what started out as an innovation (PCGS) and has now gotten to a point of, "I want now what I didn't want then because someone else made it successful". Talk about Hypocrisy!!!
    Have they read their own press releases when they got rid of PCGS-C?
    Effective February 4, 2009 .....Michael Haynes (CEO of Collectors Universe) stated that the currency market size was to small and that "... it is logical to sell PCGS Currency services to Jason Bradford as not only the leader of the business, but one of the top currency experts in the world."

• Options
    Originally posted by: TigerTrader

Well maybe our time here should come to an end...

If you build it, I will come...

Guys, the big problem with that is the "legacy/history" aspect. Countless people use, have used, the Collectors Universe portal to access PCGS Currency. Why should We, Jason, & PCGS Currency be forced to start a totally new forum? Jason said they legally bought the rights to this forum when they acquired PCGS Currency. All of our "history" (posts, pictures, private messages ect..) would go poof!!, into internet heaven. Only CU wins doing that, and that is not what we want. They are doing everything they can to force us/Jason to capitulate and give-up/steal back the PCGS Currency label. It's too bad Jason wasn't independently wealthy so he could hire a hundred lawyers and sue the crap out of CU!!

image The only good point here is that the rest of the CU forums family has to deal with this suck-ass software. image

Edit: KT5Silver posted some very relevant points while I was composing my reply (I'm slow, took me about 30 minutes to put my thoughts together). image

imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    Originally posted by: KT5Silver

"I want now what I didn't want then because someone else made it successful".

Many a "country song" have been written. Know what I mean Vern??
    imageimageimage

Dad 1916-2014
  • Options
    TheRockTheRock Posts: 766 ✭✭
    It will all work out in the end. As far as I know, Arbitration between both parties has been happening and I'm sure it will be done soon enough. I'm sure all points of interest are being talked about including the forum.

It's all going to come down to give and take and how much money one side is willing to pay and give up.

I knew as soon as I heard and saw the legal paperwork that it was going to take at least a year. GOD do I wish attorneys moved faster but I swear GOD put some kind of screwed up "SLOW" gene in their DNA.

That and you really do have a "David & Goliath" lawsuit here. CU has plenty of money and can drag it out as long as they want to. Not saying Jason does not have money as well, but when your up against a company that has multiple revenue streams (PCGS/CU) flowing in compared to 1 revenue stream (PCGS-C) it can be tough.

I've done my share of lawsuits and they all suck. I have never seen one where a single party gets everything they want. It's always been how much did one side give up to end the suit and move on and continue business. The longer it drags out, the more money you feed those bottom feeders called attorneys. Sorry if any of you members are attorneys, It's just my opinion as I have dealt with so many over the past 20 years that it really can drag on ones mind, body & spirit.

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC