Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1976-77 Topps Basketball Tall Boy 24 pack box - $875 - SOLD

It never leaves you...

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Why must you tempt me so? Do you have more details on the box? What is its history?
  • Options
    purchased this one as well as another one from long time collector who owned them for years. Two is pretty cool but I came to the decision that I didn't need both
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    DragnetDragnet Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    To anyone here purchasing from this member (Rollie Duer) in the future, I felt it best to offer this word of warning:

I purchased one of these which was paid on 01/29. It was sent directly to BBCE for authentication and was found to be tampered with (notice received 02/02). The box was returned to the seller within a few days. I do not take issue with the fact that the box was bad, per se, as I understand some things are re-sold without full knowledge of their provenance... What I did have a problem with was how the seller handled the return/refund.

I expected to be refunded shortly after the seller received word the box was bad. That was 02/02. Three weeks have passed and only 75% of the refund payment has been received. While I expect to (eventually) receive the remaining amount, both the delay and the manner in which it has been handled (no reasons given) has been, in my opinion, disrespectful and unacceptable.