Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November Monthly Special

Hi guys, wondering if I should have my card submission done by now? Anyone else waiting? Cards received by PSA Nov. 3, 2015.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How. Any did you submit? Were they vintage? I had a sub pop from the January special already. Still waiting on my December special. The January special had half the number of cards as the December though.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I just had a sub pop that was logged Nov 7, so you should be popping any time now. You can always call customer service and have them verify that everything is alright. Remember that the 50 day term is estimated!

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    im still waiting on 2 20 day subs that were logged on 12/5. so who knows.. you are over 50 biz days so I would expect any day now.. which is the worst.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Received by PSA Nov 3rd or logged into PSA on Nov 3rd? There is a difference.
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭
    I love PSA, but one of my only complaints is their turnaround times.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a few orders that were Oct. special logged in Nov. I'm waiting for; remember, there were a lot more days than usual over this interval that were holidays instead of business days. I wouldn't sweat it until a couple more weeks go by. It will pop soon.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    Received Nov 27th and still waiting..
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    Originally posted by: jackstraw

That's only 40 business days, today being the 41st but it isn't even opening time out there on the west coast yet. You've got 2 to 4 more weeks to go until pop.

• Options
    mb2005mb2005 Posts: 165 ✭✭
    I have had submissions take over 2X longer than the turn-around time PSA lists. Add to that their bogus practice of not counting days that they hold the card, but haven't entered them into their system yet, and the turn-around times PSA lists can become pretty meaningless.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Their reply

"If you want a card graded faster, choose a higher service level"
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: RipublicaninMass
    Their reply

"If you want a card graded faster, choose a higher service level"

I've had a 50 day special and 5 day special sent in the same box, with the 50 day popping first. Higher service level does not guarantee anything and I'll only use it when required to based on value.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: miwlvrn

That's only 40 business days, today being the 41st but it isn't even opening time out there on the west coast yet. You've got 2 to 4 more weeks to go until pop.

I appreciate you doing the math for me
    Collector Focus

• Options
    I called PSA today. They had sent me an email soon after they received my submission saying I didn't have the correct shipping total calculated and that they couldn't continue with the order until I agreed with the new total. I agreed with an email. So today they say they never got an email and that they sent several emails to me. I never got those, maybe they went to spam and I never saw them.

Anyways, me being the polite Canadian, I didn't want to bug them with "where's my order?" But that didn't work out well for me as my submission has been sitting there being called a problem order.

But they said they would put a rush on the order.
  • Options
    Still waiting on a November special... I know it's approx 50 days but that should apply to every submission then..
    I know that's not going to happen but sheesh come on already day 46 on top of 6 business days to log in, I am pretty
    sure I got what I paid for?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Day 46? Still shorter than expected turnaround. Just sit tight. I'm right ahead of you (biz day 47), but expecting it to go for a few more weeks. Seems like they've been behind on most aspects of the operation lately, probably because the pricing on specials has been so good.
  • Options
    There is still a chance this gets down on day 47.... Honestly I won't have anything to check 14,240 times a day once it hits?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    I dropped three Nov. special orders off at the Chicago card show on 11/20.
    Logged on 12/4.

First one popped on 2-4 (42 bus. days)

Still waiting on the other two...... patiently. We are at day 45. I'm hoping to see them by March 1st.
  • Options
    Just have patience. I've got October special subs logged 11/7 still pending. You can't be in a hurry with monthly special subs.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: miwlvrn
    Just have patience. I've got October special subs logged 11/7 still pending. You can't be in a hurry with monthly special subs.

Really? Well that stinks! I hope I don't have to wait another 4 or 5 weeks?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    Here are my 2 cents, probably only worth a fraction of that and please don't reply to me that it is still within 50 business days.

I think you see gripes and comments that can be construed as complaints because for a good 10 years, PSA was really good about getting things logged in the day after received(regardless of the order type) and the service level was 45 business days on bulk and specials but a super long grading time was more the exception than the rule. This high level of customer service that PSA was providing really built their business and convinced a lot of collectors to sub more than usual. Then ....... All of a sudden in the last few years, PSA reverted back to the Rocchi era when you would send your sub in and forget about it for 6 months.

So even though they are meeting their service level, I disagree with the delayed log times, they are providing poor service which will ultimately decrease their business and collectors will stop subbing as much

I have a current sub that was sent in November, 30, received 12/4, logged 12/14. I looked back at my sub history of well over 100 subs and this is the longest it has taken, even based on 12/14. I am not upset with the turn around but it is disappointing that this is what PSA has devolved to
  • Options
    You can only satisfy so many people at once. What was once a drip in the sink has become a tidal surge. El Niño is right here.
  • Options
    Doubt anything gets done on Friday but there is still hope...
    Collector Focus

• Options
    They have generally been running behind. Best to take the advice of others and give it a couple extra weeks before sweating it.
  • Options
    PS--I'm right there with you. Logged 11/30. Wanna race?
  • Options
    Not sweating it in the least bit. At this point what's another two weeks sure why not?
    What type of cards did you send in? I sent in a mixed bunch so that's probably what's holding it up?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best way I've found to get specials logged and popped faster is to put a small order at a higher service level in the same box and note the handling time for the higher service level on the outside of the box. I've had mixed specials with lots of oddball stuff pop in 5 days that way. YMMV
  • Options
    Mine was all hockey, 90% modern. I've heard the mixed/uniform type theories before and don't think there's very good evidence for it. Everything you hear is anecdotal. I personally believe it operates according to the Blindfold Theorem--"cover your eyes and grab a package...here we go!". All a matter of how the dice rolls.
  • Options
    LittletweedLittletweed Posts: 623 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    The best way I've found to get specials logged and popped faster is to put a small order at a higher service level in the same box and note the handling time for the higher service level on the outside of the box. I've had mixed specials with lots of oddball stuff pop in 5 days that way. YMMV

I agree with this. Doesn't happen all the time, but from my experience it's possibly a way to help speed thing up a bit.

This is a "50 day" special:
    Total Items: 71
    Date Received: 11/24/2015
    Date Shipped: 12/1/2015
    Order Status: Shipped

But that order went in with this "5 day" special:
    Total Items: 2
    Date Received: 11/24/2015
    Date Shipped: 12/7/2015
    Order Status: Shipped
    Matt

• Options
    6 days to turn around 71 cards is awesome...
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Day 49 unless today is a holiday?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    This place is dead?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Today is very likely a holiday, but you'd have to call PSA to know for sure. Either way, best to just wait as the order will probably take longer than 50 days to complete.
  • Options
    ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

This place is dead?

It must be the holiday that not all of us got off!
  • Options
    They are working today and the rep said it should be done in a couple days...
    Collector Focus

• Options
    I am not sweating it just looking forward to getting them. I asked before I called because nobody post here anymore..
    Still confused?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    I probably should have an exclamation point not a question mark. Sorry for the confusion.......
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    These boards are completely dead anymore..sad really.
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    My November sub was logged 12/12 and popped today....hopefully yours has as well.

• Options
    Mine logged 11/30 and popped today.
  • Options
    Nice fast turn-around time guys, glad to see some pops like that, especially with mid-Dec. loggage on the one. I'm still waiting for an Oct special logged 11/7. Not nearly my record for my longest wait for an order though.

• Options
    Greg--you might want to call to check on that one.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: charrigan

Greg--you might want to call to check on that one.

Casey, I was starting to think the same thing.