Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Autographed Currency

This thread is not about bills signed by the Secretary of the Treasury or the Treasurer of the US but signed by almost everybody else, specially famous people! H

Here a few a few of mine.

DEVO

Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars

Micky Dolenz of the Monkees

Blue Man Group - Boston

Blue Man Group - Orlando

Sgt Boyer - Iraq veteran - friend

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Comments

• Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    How do you add separate lines with this new software???
    PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    Super cool notes!!!
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice examples Cliff.

Two notes that come to mind.....

• Options
    delistampsdelistamps Posts: 714 ✭✭✭
    Cliff, cool notes. To separate lines try typing a "p" inside the left and right carat symbols.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the time this was signed the gentleman who signed it had no idea that three months later that he would commit a treasonous act against his mother country and his monarch:

Curious to a 21st century viewer, the presence of the name of George III and the year of his reign on this 1776 dated note was really not out of the ordinary for that moment in time. In the nascent stages of the American Revolution many believed they were just agitating for greater autonomy and representation from Great Britain - and believed they had no conflict with the reigning monarch. Until the heady summer of 1776, many sought to retain George III as their monarch, and still felt loyalty to him as many of them were ardent monarchists. But soon, especially with the Declaration of Independence on 4 July, sentiments had changed and George III was rapidly equated with the many travails associated with Great Britain. Soon his name and regnal year would disappear from all New Jersey issues.

One of the signers of this note, the centre signature, is of John Hart. John Hart was born ca. 1711 in Connecticut, his ancestry going into the 17th century in New England. John Hart began a political career with his election to the Hunterdon County Board of Freeholders in 1750, later on he would be elected into the colonial Assembly of New Jersey. When the latter legislature was dissolved he joined the Committee of Safety and the Committee of Correspondence. He would go on to become a member of the first New Jersey provincial congress, and was elected it's vice president in early 1776. During the First Continental Congress this assembly was opposed to independence and was subsequently dissolved. Mr. Hart would then join a new assembly, this time in favour of independence and would a mere few months after signing this note, go on to join the New Jersey delegation that signed the Declaration of Independence. As he was now a marked man by the British, during the Battle of Trenton he had to go into hiding. During that time his farm was raided and damaged by British and Hessian soldiers, but the defeat of the British at the battle permitted his return to his home. Hart would continue to serve New Jersey as an assemblyman, and Committee of Safety member until his death in 1779.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Originally posted by: delistamps
    Cliff, cool notes. To separate lines try typing a "p" inside the left and right carat symbols.

THANKS!!! Worked like a champ!

• Options
    I almost forgot about my favorite autographed bill.

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    The blue man group notes always crack me up when you post them!

• Options
    Lana Turner .

• Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    I like your note, SaorAlba. This is my favorite Colonial signature.

• Options

Sorry- no famous signatures. Signed by family and all the medical professionals who delivered and cared for my newborn baby girl at the hospital.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet !!! :-)
    Timbuk3