Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Magdeburg • 2/3 taler 1675 unlisted....

YQQYQQ Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
here is something for all you Taler collectors. me thinks very rare?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321977321710?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
good luck with it.

NO, It is not my listing... I wish
Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Comments

• brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had a couple horrible experiences getting coins from Poland into the United States without customs sending them back. For that reason alone, I'd never touch this auction.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brg5658 - that sucks. What triggered it? The item description and/or value? Why would they ship it back rather than have you pay locally?
  • YQQYQQ Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never had an issue with it. although, i am in Canada.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Zohar

brg5658 - that sucks. What triggered it? The item description and/or value? Why would they ship it back rather than have you pay locally?

Two coins made it to Jamaica, NY -- both were flagged for some reason and sent back to the dealers in Poland. One of the dealers was nice enough to re-send the item, and it made it through on 2nd trip. The other dealer just refunded my purchase price, and he ate the cost of shipping.

They never made it "locally" -- they were turned around in NY. These two incidents were about 6 months apart, but both very similar to one another otherwise -- for some reason they didn't get the "blessing" of the folks in NY customs.

-Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]